Tips: Jeff's Helpful Robot Tips

Jeff W

Fellow robot collectors here are a few of my helpful robot tips:

Never store a Masayuda 12 inch Robby the robot (plaster cast) on the top shelf where it can fall off. But If you do anyway and it falls and breaks, save the Robby head as it makes a great hood onrnament for your car! The talking speaker box is good for scarring away Racoon's while camping keeping your food safe. There's something about Robby's voice they just cant stand!

Never store a Mr. Atomic robot box near a wash drain! That's right...it'll get wet, especially if you forget to reinsert the washer hose into the drain after working on it.

Please be sure to share your tips! I'd love to hear them.

Jeff W

Never try to clean the face of Nando. It will dissolve on contact...

IPB Image

Never use cyanoacrylate, "Crazy Glue" near clear plastic. It will cloud

it, leaving any old fingerprints perminately etched into the plastic...

Never use flammable solvents near a sparking robot. Reason obvious... :rolleyes:

.....never store original nearly-untouched mint condition saucer box in crawlspace...just waiting for that pipe to burst! :o

The cardboard gets kinda gooey, paper mache-like!

post-2-1124488697.jpg

...never try to see if a R-35 lightbulb is good by attaching it to a 12v battery. If it IS good you will see a super nova followed by eternal darkness.

Rt

:) Never display an Advance Mr. Atom plastic robot on a shelf without some kind of support around him, or at least backed up against the wall or shelf back. They are very unsteady, tall robot, top heavy, on smallish feet. Mine fell with a crash when I walked by, into a pile of its own pieces, (but went back together again for the most part.) -Larry 7

Ugh. Guys. No more, please. I don't think I can take it... I cringed with each of your stories. Now I'm wrapping my casses in about 100 yards of bubble wrap. Just to be on the safe side...

...and don't leave a robot in its box in a school bus on the driver's seat, with an open door...in the middle of 82 acres of farmers field....through 6 winters and summers or this is what you end up with. Altaira found this in her Uncle Paul's abondoned bus a couple weeks ago. It had been given to our nephew many years ago.

Robot is still surprisingly minty but frozen in time!!

post-2-1124496399.jpg

One of the most important things to remember, whilst working with robots,

is that it can be highly dangerous and that you should always avoi-----------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

must have been very good summers the sunlight has eaten up all of the yellow and magenta ink at the top of the box... just blue and black left!

I think the feet must have been in the shade a little more I can see some brown!

Rt

must have been very good summers the sunlight has eaten up all of the yellow and magenta ink at the top of the box... just blue and black left!

I think the feet must have been in the shade a little more I can see some brown!

Rt

Yeh, plastic Saturn 'bot was on that corner missing his eyes, missiles and an arm..he didn't fare so well...maybe he'll get modified soon. :o

Here's a heads up I could have used a while back. Contact cleaner, which does a great job on sluggish motors, will however melt plastic.

Ok I was not going to say anything on this subject as it will only lead to more questions that I will not answer. But here goes.

Never loan out your 100 percent mint robot in mint box (any robot) to an off shore robot manufacture that says they will not harm the robot in any way or the box. What you will get back is a robot that has been taken apart down to the raw parts includeing the link pin shafts and put back to gether by some one that has no idea what they are doing and when they ship the robot back it will not be in a nice big box with lots of packing peanuts for protection like when you shipped to them ;) , no it will be wraped in brown paper . And so it will have lots of damage buy the time it gets back, if the robot was a wind up expect the key to have been pushed threw that origional minty box. Never loan out your toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived