Mr Mercury - Drum Roll Please........

bartzenegger

Bartzenegger, hat's off to you.  Up to now, I've been skimming your thread on this, but upon seeing this nice low-light photo, I'm motivated now to see and read about the passage.

Mr. Mercury is all robot.  I've always preferred your blue one with the light on the helmet.  Many years ago at a general antiques show, I passed on one of these for $350 just because the prior owner (presumably a kid) had painted his name onto the hinged "apron" panel.  Shoulda bought it -- it would have been an easy fix -- but my better judgment was clouded by such ham-handed hacking. 

For anyone interested in seeing other Mr. Mercury action, videos of a gold one follow.

8MB "high speed modem" version

Abbreviated "dial-up modem" version

yeah keith!

i was just noticeing your mr. merc vid.-- if you watch one arm will come in further than the other. that is cuz there is a pivet pin in the shoulder that is set back on one arm and forward on the other . this is done due to the function of the opening/ closeing mechanism . if you were to place pivet pins equal to each other on each arm they would sway back and forth as like a hula dancer. haha

that was the lesson for the week .

next week the name of this robot. a) robby the robot or B) mr. robby the robot

• Brian.. changed the title to Mr Mercury - Drum Roll Please........

Archived