Mr Mercury - Drum Roll Please........

bartzenegger

well , as you guys know i did alot of work....

i drilled very small holes in cast pins in arms and put pins in that i made out of small nails . i sliced sm ingravings into th sides of pins for grip. sealed with solder.

i rarely mess the original action of a vintage robot but i had to add light to the head. now when arms operate minor light will work alone and when robot is walking both lights will work.

thanks for everyones help. it saved me hrs !!!!

joy joy

post-2-1122869453.jpg

The headlight and glowing letters look very impressive Bartz' don't forget to run him every 12 weeks or so to keep him in good shape :)

Rt

Congrats! Good job and it seems like you made short work of it. I've still got an MR-45 disassembled in a box that's been sitting there for about six weeks now! Thanks for letting us in on the project.

Bartzenegger, hat's off to you. Up to now, I've been skimming your thread on this, but upon seeing this nice low-light photo, I'm motivated now to see and read about the passage.

Mr. Mercury is all robot. I've always preferred your blue one with the light on the helmet. Many years ago at a general antiques show, I passed on one of these for $350 just because the prior owner (presumably a kid) had painted his name onto the hinged "apron" panel. Shoulda bought it -- it would have been an easy fix -- but my better judgment was clouded by such ham-handed hacking.

For anyone interested in seeing other Mr. Mercury action, videos of a gold one follow.

8MB "high speed modem" version

Abbreviated "dial-up modem" version

:) Ha Ha! Great repair, bart! I agree, Mr. Mercury is all robot. When I talk with people in line at a restaurant or at the water cooler about tin toy robots, Mr. Mercury is often the robot that they remember having or seeing as a child, and their face gets that 'happy childhood memories' look. -Larry 7

Glad to see him up and working ! When I was a kid I put a small light in the control room in the head of my more common gold MR Merk.

speaking of childhood robots, does anyone besides me ever experience this?

Collector showing Mr. Mercury: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

Acquaintance: "Hey! Isn't that Robby the Robot?"

Collector showing Robert The Robot: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

Collector showing LIS B-9 robot: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

Collector showing Smoking Spaceman: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

Collector showing pretty much any robot from his collection: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

speaking of childhood robots, does anyone besides me ever experience this?

Collector showing Mr. Mercury: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

Collector showing Robert The Robot: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

Collector showing LIS B-9 robot: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

Collector showing Smoking Spaceman: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

Collector showing pretty much any robot from his collection: "Here, this is one example of the type of robots I like to collect."

All the time, Keith, all the time!

A pity it did not explode at least three times, weld all the gears together,

loose the head and keep clapping in it's hands continiously, before it came to this

happy conclusion.

As the novelist Andre Gide said: "What is the story of happiness?".

All the same: Congratulations!

Up to the next one. Hint: Missileman is a real stinker..

thanks guys! im happy my mr. robby the mercury is working so well . i still need to cast the head wings so if anyone has any ...........hook a brother up.

A pity it did not explode at least three times, weld all the gears together,

loose the head and keep clapping in it's hands continiously, before it came to this

happy conclusion.

As the novelist Andre Gide said: "What is the story of happiness?".

All the same: Congratulations!

Up to the next one. Hint: Missileman is a real stinker..

:lol: !!!!!!!!

Archived