Hysterical Harry Fixed!

bartzenegger

Kinda looks like mine! B) ...however, Bart, CAN YOU FIX MINE??? Skates too fast but will play only ONE LP, "Let's All Sing With The Chipmunks" from 1959!! Altaira likes that!

...and you never know, seems to me that HAAAA HAAAA would be the best one to re-issue it!

post-2-1121994009.jpg

So Bart - what was the fix?? Was the needle missing? Motor jammed? Rubber band broken?? :huh:

I am not positive, but since the laugh track cycles through twice for each laugh cycle of the robot, maybe the second arm moves the needle arm back to the starting position for part two?

Kinda looks like mine! B) ...however, Bart, CAN YOU FIX MINE??? Skates too fast but will play only ONE LP, "Let's All Sing With The Chipmunks" from 1959!! Altaira likes that!

...and you never know, seems to me that HAAAA HAAAA would be the best one to re-issue it!

hahaha , i thought i would need an old player to fix my bot. ya think laughing bot could be made to play the beatles?

robert -the motor ect.... was gummed up . o jolted with a couple extra amps then ran it for a long while and he fired right up. laugh was in ssslllooowwwww mode then boom. now works great.

Hey Bart- Did you install the player and align the mouth open and closing action to the sound recording? If not, and your as anal as me getting the timing perfect, I have 2 words for your future endevor....

GOOD LUCK! :P

If the disc is broken, or you need any part for the player, any laughing bag from a party shop

will do. There seem to have been only 2 or 3 manufacturers in the world of these devices,

and they did not often change their model.

(** I once built a "Mama, Mama,..weeee!"-record in a HH that I had repaired for someone.

He was surprised how fast you could put the original back)

As some of you may know from Botstock, I

have access to a lot of imported JUNK. One

of the items is an electronic laughing bag

that is about an inch and a quarter square.

While not a mechanical record player, it would

easily fit in any laughing toy and work forever.

I personally can't deal with laughing robots,

they creep me out. I would not be able to sleep

within 5 miles of one of these demonic toys... :o

P.S. The electronic laughing bags are less than a dollar...

www.robotnut.com

post-2-1122042728.jpg

RobotNut You seemed to sleep OK here at the robot hut for 2 nights, with in walking distance of at least 4 laughing robots.

Next time you send something this way send 1 or 2 of those as well I would like to play around with it. :P

RobotNut You seemed to sleep OK here at the robot hut for 2 nights, with in walking distance of at least 4 laughing robots.

Next time you send something this way send 1 or 2 of those as well I would like to play around with it. :P

call a priest!!!!

I think I'd need a young priest and an old priest... :unsure:

Thanks John, I tried not to think about laughing robots at

Botstock. To get you back I'll certainly send you some

laughing bags, just don't put them in a Robby or B9...

Archived