Robot And Son Wiring

bartzenegger

Bart, if you use a drill on the heads of those eyelet/rivets, you can take enough of the crimp off that they will come out the other side. To replace them though, you will have to use fine screws & nuts.

I should know your address (turn left at those very well guarded silo's) but if you send it again I will send you some riviets.

However you can also make your own. Modelshops sell brass-tubing to very small diameters.

With a diamondcutting wheel in a Dremel, you cut an appropriate lengths and bead that with a steep conical

driver. Another good source for brass tube are the fillings of ballpoint pens and the sensor-tubes of old

thermostats.

And then, surprise, surprise, there are those weird individuals who call themselves rivet-merchants!

Do practice before you approach the real toys. And if you have access to a lathe make some punches

specially for this rivet.

A drill usually makes the rivet spin round. Drill at an angle to the hole or better still use a sidecutting mill.

Before you start on all the above enterprises, are you sure you need to open up the switch or remove it.

Contact spry might clean it up and pressing the contacts with a bend needle might also make it see reason.

thanks guys!

gosses , will try to rebuild first . but thanks

the problem : the switch doesnt move over far enough. if i push and hold the switch then it runs. once i release the pressure... it stops.

thanks guys!

gosses , will try to rebuild first . but thanks

the problem : the switch doesnt move over far enough. if i push and hold the switch then it runs. once i release the pressure... it stops.

I think your switch just wants to be held, after all those long lonely years in the attic. ;)

• Brian.. changed the title to Robot And Son Wiring

Archived