Good Deed!

H.I. Gosses

Where have all of these Giant Robots gone? I remember when they were not too hard to find, but now they seem as rare as any other good robot. You would think since they made many of them in the 80's they would show up a little more often.

Jay, I only ever saw these twice in Toronto. First time was, if I recall the charcoal one I discovered around 1980 or so, for sure before 1982 when I met my wife, only one in a small unique 'science shop' for $59.95 which with inflation would be similar to what they sell for now... then a couple years later probably about 1983 Simpson's downtown had a massive skid full of the lithographed ones for $39.95. Generally I would suppose they bought only one of these as they are a massive robot to show and/or store, not (at the time) inexpensive, although not as interesting as the original 1960's with the tin arms and head obviously but still a nice item. They probably then are not as willing to part with their one "Super Giant". Yes, the head is really bad but as Altaira stated to me yesterday, "You're not changing his head...that's the one their supposed to have and he should stay that way"! :lol:

Here they are with the two differing :rolleyes: boxes. The charcoal one was originally in the Japanese box...I guess I staged them backwards!

And, Henk, to quote an old 'Twilight Zone' episode, "It's a very good thing you did, yes, a very good thing"!

post-2-1119802881.jpg

Archived