Lantern Robot Questions

Russell

Those little neatly packaged bags of powder that come with the lantern robot look too good to just rip open and tip into the Robots head. I think some people may want to keep the bag un-opened ...but still run the toy!

Can any owners of the original toy confirm that ordinary TALC' is OK to use instead?

Any particular brand to choose or any to avoid?

Is it best to use the talc sparingly (as Oil refills in Smokers) or just fill it to the top!

Rt

Last minute thought! is it best to empty the stuff out after running?

(The talc might not be so free flowing 2 months down the track)

Appreciate any advice :)

Excellent questions!

In fact, even those who ARE willing to use the package of talc that comes with the toy would need a refill package eventually, right?

Very worthy questions Russell. Considering the relatively inexpensive price of this toy it may be feasible to have "one for good powder blow action" and one for display - remaining mint for as long as the robot is in your collection.

I'm looking forward to when some alphadromers get their lantern robot and post a review or two. I'm not going to rush into buying one of these as my taste is more orientated toward 1960's tin robot ethic. Historically I've always been one of the first to buy each new repro and I'm sure I'll get one of these soonish. I'm wondering if the Gold repro or the GORGON will do more for me. WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE POSTED IMAGES OF THESE SOON.

At the end of the day its not possible to tell what a given robot will do for you untill your holding it in front of you............................. so when are you getting one of these Russell? I'd value your critique.....................

Lantern is a nice robot but my collecting world will be made when chief smoky and the other skirted robots in his series are made available. I've been waiting for a GOOD SKIRTED ROBOT repro even since this whole brave new era of robot repro's was born.

Hi Siam,

I have one en-route to Sydney as we speak, so hopefully I'll have it in a couple of days. I thought about waiting 5 yrs till the price drops $20 and save some money but opted to pay the going rate and get one today.

I guess I am excited by this one because of the unusual smoking mech. faithfull reproduction and the great litho.

Chief smoky will indeed be great skirt repro and a little bird tells me Mystery moon might also be on the cards

Rt

Hello there Russell - thats good news - I'm keen to hear what you have to say about the lantern repro. I'm sure it will be great................................... though I am going thru one of those dormant spells some collectors go through - meaning that my interest in robots is not primed to 11/10 as it often is. I'm sure the "Nigel Tuffnel" in me will return to form in the near future and I will just "Ave to Ave one of these". As I was alluding to in my previous post - I need something like a $90 Mystery Moon Man to re-awaken the robot collecting monster in me.

Guest neatstuff

More Lantern Bot info...

I was told by a good source the (GORGON) version of lantern is a very limited made robot that was produced for the Japan market only. I believe they made or are going to make only 96 of them. I have heard you may be able to find them for sale soon at YAHOO AUCTIONS JAPAN.

I also received word the other day that GOLD colored lantern may be quite some time before it is released. Early 2006 is what they said!

I have to take my HAT OFF to HaHa Toys for the excellent job they have done on Lantern Robot. Hardly a bad one in the entire load of them I received.

NOW that's really saying something.

So many times in the past when I receive my shipments of tin robots from China, there are generally about 10% to 23% or so that have to be returned because of problems with them. Not with lantern robot. I've completed testing all that I received, the % of bad ones is about 1%. That is unheard of for ANY tin robots made ANYWHERE.

I'm very impressed. Thank you HaHa for bringing us this outstanding QUALITY tin robot!

Happy collecting,

Bill.

• Brian.. changed the title to Lantern Robot Questions

Archived