What Happened To This Space Ranger?

H.C.

H.C. does yours have a place for the balls to go in the robot?

I have 7 version of the robot top of pages 21 ans 22 of the Robot Hut. including a battery remote control version that came in its origional plain white box with manufactoring information box. The prices can go high for these because there are idiots like me out there that like to find all the old variations. Post some pictures and more infor about yours. I know a guy years ago that told me he had one that shot balls also but I never saw it.

post-2-1051201982_thumb.jpg

Yes, it has a flip open top on it's head. The targets for lack of a better explanation look like power ranger monsters. ;) I will try and get some pics posted.

They are all based on Mr Galaxy. I think that was the first with that head. All the versions I have also have a slot in the side of the body. Mr. Galaxy is the only one that uses that slot.

post-2-1051370553_thumb.jpg

Sh-Mike-i'll take your question literally-for one Robot Commando has "balls". You open up another can of worms though-is an astronaught considered a robot? Certainly the moon -explorer series which is near identical to the space trooper body pressings must be considered-what about the deep sea diver series by Naito Shoten. Then of course space dog-whale-elephant etc etc.

Why anyone thinks a North Pole Skier is a Robot, I'll never understand.

I even have doubts about "Blink A Gear". Who thought up those Clown feet?

and speaking of Clowns, that Laughing Clown is just that, a Clown.

A robot is a robot. Anything else (astronaut, dog, elephant, chicken, etc.) is a space toy. If it's not a robot or a space toy, then it's simply a battery op. In my opinion!

Joe-I've just returned from a long day-but all in all your opinion is probaly closest to the truth. I thinking maybe all these "non" robots being considered robots is a dealer motivated action to raise the value of these non-robots.

I actually agree with Joe and Steve when it comes to toys. For me a true robot has to be a classic, boxy archetypal, somewhat human design, but in a general sense isn't a robot any artificial intelligence? Most robots are modeled after humans, but a dog or elephant robot is just as much a robot as a humanoid one! Okay, I guess I can't make up my mind! :rolleyes:

I just made my grilfriend sit through the film Hardware anyone seen that film? It's about a KILLER ROBOT. Next up: Barbarella!

Archived