Timeline ? Patentinfos

Volker

Hello,

I spend many,many Time ,some Euros , was in Search for Toy-Patentspecification.

I find many from Mr. Heinrich Schreyer ( Schuco ) many other famuos Germany TinToy Maker ,

and a big Surprise for me, the Unkown German Robot 700 ( it was a Kit-Robot ) from 1959,

the Markes and Co , Dux Astromann 1959 too.

And the " Mr Maschine " from Ideal 1960 Patent Owner is a Marvin Irving Glass , Chicago- is this Ideal Toys

?

I will add tomorrow some drawing

greetings from germany

volker

[robotoys.de

Marvin Glass was a free lance toy designer. I believe he had a biggish studio in Chicago and sold designs to all the major companies. Lots of the most successful toys in the sixties were his. I can't recall which ones at the moment. I think they might be listed in Toy Bop. I'll have a look later.

About the Robot 700,

the Patent -Owner wars Mr. August Knoch from Coburg/ Germany he had a Toy-Company and produce Dolls.

In 1958 he had the Idear to build a Robot, so he send in 1958/59 over 25000,-Deutsch Marks in this projekt.

( A Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing costs in this Time 32 500 ,- DM and a VW Beetle 4500,- DM )

The Robot was a Kit-Robot, so the Kids can take it apart in many Parts.

The motor was a normal wind-up , Body , Arms and Legs was made in Plastic.

So in 1960 comes the great Moment the Toy Fair in Nürnberg - and the Robot was a Flop.

To Expencive- to complex for a Kid.

Mr. Knoch made only 200 Pe.

Later he makes " Gartenzwerge " in Plastik and this was a Bestseller.

I had a long phone-takl with his one grandson ( he is still in the Gartenzwergebuisness )

and it was a big surprise for him.

I ask after Pictures or Draws or a Sample or a Original Robot - nothing in the old Officepaper.

But the grandson was verry happy that someone is interessting in the Work of his Grandpa.

I send him the complett Patent-Paper and he will look in the attic . Maybe ........

Best Regards ( and sorry for ma Bad English)

Volker

Brian,

the application was in 1959 and the Patent-Office comes in 1965 to a End.

In this years it was a long and hard Paperwar for Patentowners.

Volker

Love the documents Volker! I don't seen to be able to see the DUX ASTROMAN drawing just 1/4 section at best. anyone else have this problem?

Post more Volker and don't worry about your english, I think we all get the message.

Hey Volker - Great Job!!!

I was able to pick up a ROBOT 700 box last year - on one side is written: " This ROBOTER may be taken to pieces and put together again." Also the patent Nr. is to be seen: D.B.G.M. 1828355 - so I had the same idea . . . surching at the german "Patent Amt" . . . but I didn't have had the time. It is great to hear that the ROBOT 700 is also a 50th robot! - I would have put him in the middle of the 60th.

The DUX Astroman is definately around 1959 and 1960; I was just able to buy one example from an original owner - he bought his "duxman" 1960. . . but I know this is not enough MEAT for Brian . . . we have to work it out!!

Hi John - I don't have the whole robot talk on my screen . . . always scrolling from left to right . . .

Archived