Motor Robot

H.I. Gosses

After all small small scale restorations, I thought I might do something big.

..........so big means just a larger scale things go wrong..

post-2-1116815478.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to the tensions between my computer and RT, after reducing the file 8 times,

I succeded by the grace of God, in uploading a 500x 379 jpeg.

I hope you will enjoy all the fine detail on this 43 cm x 29 cm box.

I am sure you can pick them out nicely!!!!

Damn damn,damn!!!

I also have some pic's of the actual robot.-a shooting giant,

but having been granted the favour of one whole 500x379, I am sure they will not be allowed

larger than 150x150 .

So I'll spend some time sleeping to amass sufficient strenght to face this next

frustration.

That box/art is beyond belief!! Wonderful. I especially love the vintage 'pulp' type colours, the highly polluting exhaust system the 'bot has, and the circa 1950's Fords all around him!!!!! Those cars remind me of the tin litho wind-ups I had as a youngster which careened down a roller-coaster type tin track. If my memory serves me, THOSE ARE THE SAME DRIVERS!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! :P

Nice to see more actual 'original' stuff as well as the repro's. We need a change!

In desperation I have struck upon the solution how to post larger images.

If you are inclined to believe this is an Alien, you are wrong! This is the first instalment

of the complete picture with some resolution.

I only have to post 999 more and you of course have to print them all and

fit them together. But that is a nice passtime for the long summerevenings,

-as is posting pic's on RT.

I am going to forget the picture and will have to add another reply

as you can not add a picture, only change (?) in edit.

* Thank you Morbius.

....You must have 5 diopter eyes.

The cars (actually one car multiplied and recoloured) are from the background of a

scooter-box, so you might indeed recognise them.

Henk, are those Harley Davidson logos on his chest ???

If it is a 50's Harley Robot, you will need a second robot for spare parts... :rolleyes:

post-2-1116822022.gif

Excellent artwork on the box,, the Robot looks great, a nice "teaser" for what's to come! I am really looking forward to seeing the finished Robot. Keep up the superb work Henk. :)

WELL DONE!

:) You may need to carry a plate to put under his kickstand on new blacktop pavement to keep him from sinking in. Looks fun, great work Henk! -Larry 7

Guest Brian.

Henk, email me the original and I'll try to work out a step by step guide to getting the maximum image size for you. The box art is wonderful. It just increases my annoyance that so many modern robots are being produced with pitiful artwork. There are people here who would jump at the chance to design box art for free.

Meanwhile - did you know that Hornby are producing a live steam motor for their range of locos? It's a small, butane powered unit. Expensive but oh so neat.

I forsee the first real steam-powered robot.

I have of course seen this Robot & contacted my lawyers to set the sale of my house in order to amass enough money to purchase it !!!

Without further ado, here's a picture of it !!!

Rat ! I forgot to add the picture & I'm not allowed to add one while editing this post !

Too bad !!! I guess you'll have to wait a bit more

Archived