New Robot Collection Photos

Mr.Zerox

I like your collection too, Mr Zerox. The Razors are real treasures. And I'm getting more and more interested in the Ding-a-Lings lately. Does your King Ding have a fully functional elevator? Also- is that newly acquired Spy Ding-a-Ling the one I saw sell on ebay a few weeks ago? If I remember correctly (what little I know about the Dings), the Spy is a pretty rare piece - no?

Fineas J. Whoopie said:
Does your King Ding have a fully functional elevator? Also- is that newly acquired Spy Ding-a-Ling the one I saw sell on ebay a few weeks ago? If I remember correctly (what little I know about the Dings), the Spy is a pretty rare piece - no?

Thanks Morbius, glad you like the collection!

Fineas J. Whoopie: Thank you for your comments, glad you like my small collection. The Dings are very underrated (I still don't like the name though, I think it's what puts most people off them!) and the King Ding is a gem! Yes, the lift is fully operational and when the Brain is at the controls, his arms move slightly back and forth on the gear sticks, it really looks like he's working the KD!

You are correct in thinking the Spy is the one that sold a few weeks ago (my bank balance is still recovering!) and he is rare. Here is a list of Dings for you, descending in rarity. I have also itemised the Dings to have a known variation.

Bank/Cowboy

Policeman

Spy (variation)

Answerman (Variation)

Gofer (Variation)

Shoeshine

Rocky (Variation)

Twirly

Chef (Variation)

Fireman (Variation)

Constructo

Claw (Variation)

Boxer

Great collection Mr Zerox, those ding a lings look great, are they easy to get hold of in the u.k? nice group of horikawas, those razer spacemen are fantastic. Are those two karate bots in front of the R1's ?

Very nice collection Mr Zerox !!!

I noticed the red Rockie on the left. It is a Ding-A-Ling or

one of the earlier Topper robots. Could you post a close

up, as I've never seen that toy before... :huh:

Hi Mr. Zerox,

Great collection !! Anyway you display it, I would of spotted that KD.

No hiding him. I had these pics so I thought I hould post them for RobotNut.

Sorry no back view photos.

RobotNut,

I believe Jay of Robot Island sold one within the last 2 months.

But I think it was missing the Rockets. Jay would remember.

Sold for around $80.00 USD

post-2-1116355895.gif

Thanks RF...

This Rocky looks strange, almost headless.

I'm assuming Robotrons came before Ding-A-Lings ???

Robotnut said:
I'm assuming Robotrons came before Ding-A-Lings ???

Hi Robotnut,

Yes, the Robotrons came before the Dings. Five Robotrons were planed, only three got into production in Japan, Explo (the rarest of the 3), Gofer and Rocky. There is a colour variation of Rocky, one Blue the other Red, the red version is the rarest of the two. I have posted all the Robotrons for you to look at. Gofer and Rocky transferred to the Ding line, sadly Explo didn't make it. The Robotron Rocky also has an automatic Rocket firing system, were as the Ding Rocky has to be fired manually.

Robotron Explo

post-2-1116377836.jpgRobotron__Explo2.jpg

Robotron Rocky (Red)

Mr.Galaxy: Of all my Dings only two were found in the UK, Cowboy & Twirly.

post-2-1116378390.jpgRobotron__Rocky_Red_.jpg

:) I think that the Explo Robot is just a fantastic looking piece, would look great beside almost any robot on a shelf! -L7

Archived