Mr Robot : Non Running Robots Help

Russell

I have Yonezawa 2 Mr Robots that have been in storage for a year+ I tired to run them today and both just display a constant glowing light in the head. I gave them both a sharp smack on the butt to jiggle them back into action but no go? Any advice on how to get 'em going?

Rt

...what blowing the eye balls out with too much juice! I guess that's further down the line :)

I was hoping somebody had a little technique they had tried where I could insert something to jiggle the Johson Rods and get the motor turning over! All I know is give a tap on the back, but I'm worried I might damage the plastic head if I go into Mike Tyson mode?

Appreciate any tips or advice :))

Cheers

Rt

ps. I enjoy quick wit and repartee as much as the next man, but I'm affraid "Insert Mrs Robot between them" is just not registering on the laugh-o-meter, nice try though.

Russell-

Try this. With the batteries in and the robot turned on, turn the robot upside down and at the same time hold down the bump 'n go "disc" (so it won't spin around). Now with the other hand (or if you are holding the robot with both hands just use a free finger or thumb) slowly turn one of the wheels. You may have to try a few times to figure out which wheel is best and which direction works, but by doing this you should be able to feel the motor turning inside the robot. Basically instead of the motor turning the wheels, the wheels are turning the motor. If the only problem is a gummed up motor then after a few revolutions the motor should start to move on it's own. I hope I've explained this clearly enough, if not be sure to ask any questions. This method has worked for me several times. ;)

Thanks Mr W ....I'm writting that one down!

As It happened I carried on with the sharp smacks to the back (spurred on by Bartz') and eventually both toys slowly, slowly came good. But, your method is new to me and is definity something I had not thought of before, It's good ammo for next time. I think these toys had not been used for over a year and a half and It's something I shan't neglect to do again!

Rt

:) Chimetrooper, I for one found the 'Mrs. Robots' technique very funny!

I have one of these red Mr. Robots, and if I don't run it at least once a year, it is also hard to get going. Turning the tires and also tapping the robot along with polishing the battery contacts with four-O steel wool usually get most toys going. That can be a fun part of this hobby, buying one that is advertised as non working, and in a few minutes getting it to come back to life! -Larry 7

once its going , run that sucker to get loosened up. or you will have to keep spanking it cuz its being bad.

never try to start a stuck robot by useing extra voltage, and if there are lights in the toy then make that Never Never Never use over voltage.

Fineas J. Whoopie has it right only it can be done simpler just pinch the bump and go drive wheels so they can "not turn" then with power switch ON rotate the hole bump and go drive, this is easyer on the drive wheels. But in many cases if the grease in the motor contacts has realy set up then takeing the robot apart and cleaning out the old grease is the best way. Rotating the bump and go drive and pinching the tires is first, smaking the robot lightly is next and taking the robot apart is last. ;)

:P Hey Come on over Russel! Whole lotta shaking going on! Yeah Go along Russell, with shakin' you can't go wrong !

I say shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your robot, shake your robots...........;

Brian, when can we make a musical on Alphadrome !!!

Rotating the bump and go drive and pinching the tires is first, smaking the robot lightly is next and taking the robot apart is last. ;)

Well, sometimes it regretfully is needed to take 'em apart.... This one did run for a few years.... Now he's shiney and running as a marathonist (and not even chasing Mrs Robot that is!) ;) Great to learn that both of them are "revived" Fineas!

post-2-1116115421.jpg

I usually start with polishing the battery contacts. Even when they look decent, they can be non-conductive. I use a polish-impregnated jeweler's cloth, and it brings 'em up to a mirror shine. This alone OFTEN does the trick.

Archived