Problem with search function?

I was trying to find some info on the site about past repairs of the Yonezawa Space Explorer robot. If I do a site search for “Yonezawa Space Explorer Robot” then limited information about repairing it comes up, but through a google search I found this thread….

If I do another site search for “Yonezawa Space Explorer Robot info needed” (the title of the above googled thread) I get zero results.

Is there something I’m missing here, like some kind of limit on how far back you can search, or an issue with the search function?

Thanks.

Same problem here, the problem appears to be that the "Archived Threads" have been removed from search results on this site. I have to you a search engine to find older info on this site.

Thanks plasticaugie, that’s probably the issue. Weird though that if I do a search for just Yonezawa I get results back to early 2000s but still not the thread, in my original post from 2015, I’ve got from googling.

I wasn't aware that topics are archived after a set number of years.  This excludes them from the search.

There is a setting that determines when topics are archived. After, perhaps, 5 years.

It is, I believe, possible to alter this number to, say, 30 or 40 and this should solve the problem 

Ozzie would need to get his man on the job. 

On 5/19/2024 at 7:45 AM, Brian.. said:

I wasn't aware that topics are archived after a set number of years.  This excludes them from the search.

There is a setting that determines when topics are archived. After, perhaps, 5 years.

It is, I believe, possible to alter this number to, say, 30 or 40 and this should solve the problem 

Ozzie would need to get his man on the job. 

I will bring it up to Josh if he doesn't see this already 

He needed some time for a health issue

Will also get clarity on permissions

Brian I assume admin for you & let me know what/who else you suggest

thanks