Lilliput in London

Brian..

I visited London a couple of weeks ago. As I passed an old antique shop in Islington something caught my eye. The blinds had been pulled down but a row of small toys and novelties was still visible. You can imagine my surprise:

IMG_20240203_112644686.jpg.c07856cf4f9b8c5b9bc4d8a85ca9e5b9.jpg

The frustrating thing was that the shop was closed. There was a "Back in an hour" sign showing, so I grabbed a coffee and waited. I would have been there all day but I tried the internet for information. Eventually it all fell into place when I found this web article:

Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale

Yes, a guy who showcases his collection in a pseudo-antique shop. He takes a delight in raising expectations with his tantalising stock. I've met a number of these annoying buggers over the years. And all the time that poor little Lilliput is fading away. 

Reminds me of the movie The Magic Christan, where they open a store and give stuff away till the store is empty, then put up a sign that says, Moved to new location. But never say where the new location is.

Mrs.Ranger 😂, just reminded  me about when we were in Blackpool (U.K.) around 1989-90. There was a shop there that had some robots in the window but it was closed. I put a note through the letterbox with my contact details but never heard anything back. 

😎 mask up, smash and grab. 

its really for the greater good.

you can come hide out at my place.

I'm with Mick.   
On the way to his place, I'll provide sammies and some fruit.  

Offer him 20,000 pounds and then whe he accepts say "Oh I forgot - that money is in my private collection". 😉