Chinese Space Tank MG 009

MetalRobotHead

Seeing as the new website is up and running and to test it out, I have a question about the Chinese Space Tank, I have a couple which I rather like, this one has the tanks at the rear with MG 009 printed on them, the rear panel of tank as per photo and the card box have Foreign printed thereon, no mention of China, does anyone have any knowledge when this particular version was manufactured? I am assuming in China.

MG009EarlyChineseSpaceTank(3).jpg.efae9a03c56dc78f29083c4e701b6428.jpg

MG009EarlyChineseSpaceTank(5).jpg.7a43268da13b15f3935f02b70875414f.jpg

The site said there were no topics posted, but here you are. And maybe me too.

I believe the imported USA versions were marked FOREIGN because we were not allowed to sell anything from Red China,  maybe this was done to get around the law.

It's interesting that the tank is printed MG 009 rather than the usual ME-091. I don't remember having seen that version before.

Except the  1969 catalog I posted, have we any other clues of the years of manufacturing?

On 3/30/2024 at 3:40 PM, zzrobot said:

I believe the imported USA versions were marked FOREIGN because we were not allowed to sell anything from Red China,  maybe this was done to get around the law.

On 3/30/2024 at 8:53 PM, 6Stelab9 said:

It's interesting that the tank is printed MG 009 rather than the usual ME-091. I don't remember having seen that version before.

Except the  1969 catalog I posted, have we any other clues of the years of manufacturing?

I see the old thread appears to show a variation with SFTS 47 markings on the small tanks at rear.