Other issues

ADMINDATA

• 1 month later...

I hate to ask a stupid question, but how do you get to to other members' profiles? I presume you can click on a member's handle at the top of a post or reply and get to it his/her profile that way, but is there perhaps some alphabetical list of links to member profiles aggregated all in one place? It would be interesting to me to peruse member profiles via one location. Several other message boards I am (or have been) on have sort of a member "get to know you" page or "room." Is there anything like that on Alphadrome that I just haven't yet stumbled across? If not, how much trouble would it be to set one up? Seems to me it would be as simple as composing a list of member handles and then linking each one to the corresponding profile. Thanks.

Hymie

4 hours ago, Hymie said:

Several other message boards I am (or have been) on have sort of a member "get to know you" page or "room." Is there anything like that on Alphadrome that I just haven't yet stumbled across? If not, how much trouble would it be to set one up? Seems to me it would be as simple as composing a list of member handles and then linking each one to the corresponding profile. Thanks.

Hymie

There was an 'introduce yourself' section added March 2022, but the link to it was apparently removed after a few days for whatever reason.

https://www.alphadrome.net/forums/topic/24715-hello-from-atomic-robot-bob-aka-tm-lindsey/

You're welcome, but as far as I recall, I was the only one who posted a "hello" before the section disappeared, so I don't think it'll be all that exciting to access 😁

In any case, welcome to the forum! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm a noob.  As I inventory and repair my collection I'll take photos of any space/robot toys and post them as I think we all

like to see what's out there.  I know I do.

From what I can tell, there is the excellent database, and the member's gallery. I assume I should create an album on the member gallery section

and upload my photos there.  The reason I ask is that it seems there are far more members than the few with albums on "members gallery" and

wondered if I was missing something.

=I don't know your name, but thank you for your administration of this helpful site and providing this forum for the most important collectors in the universe.

On 3/28/2024 at 4:58 PM, ADMINDATA said:

comments, complaints, etc

16 hours ago, Peter said:

Hello!

I'm a noob.  As I inventory and repair my collection I'll take photos of any space/robot toys and post them as I think we all

like to see what's out there.  I know I do.

From what I can tell, there is the excellent database, and the member's gallery. I assume I should create an album on the member gallery section

and upload my photos there.  The reason I ask is that it seems there are far more members than the few with albums on "members gallery" and

wondered if I was missing something.

=I don't know your name, but thank you for your administration of this helpful site and providing this forum for the most important collectors in the universe.

Peter,

You’ll find them in Forums Collections.

Looking forward to seeing your collection.

RC