Need Help with Horikawa Super Astronaut Repair

Hymie

Recently bought a very well-preserved but non-working Horikawa Super Astronaut. Took it apart and discovered that the motor was the culprit. Cleaned the contacts and greased it up and it began working fine. However, when I put the robot back together (to the best of my memory, stupidly not having taken the precaution of taking pictures as I disassembled it), everything worked fine except for the gun assembly, which flashed as it should in conjunction with the rat-a-tat, but did not push forward and open the doors. Took it apart again and can not identify the issue. I think I may have put one of the springs back incorrectly, or perhaps lost a spring in the repair confusion (if indeed a spring was not already missing -- this may shock you, but the robot had been opened before). So my question is this: Besides the two springs that pull the doors shut, how many other springs should there be (presumably all connected to the gun assembly mechanism)? I only have two, and the small one only fits vertically between two prongs on the single piece that seems to operate the fold-out mechanism, which makes no sense. There's also a suspicious tab coming off an attachment to the inside top of the gun assembly. Seems like it was intended for a spring. Can anybody provide me the benefit of your experience with this puzzle? Thanks.

Not sure if this photo is of any use, the ringed mechanism and spring are  responsible for the chest gun assembly moving in and out

Horikawa Golden Mars King Super Astronaut Rotate O Matic.jpg

Many thanks for the pic. So far, that's consistent with the way I have mine connected (at least as far as what's showing), Hate to be a pest, but you don't happen to have a pic of what's going on behind that panel, do you? Wondering if there should be a spring running from one of those two hooks (or somewhere else) up to the tab that's connected to those tabs poking through the black line. On mine, there doesn't seem to be anything connected to the gun panel to push it out through the doors when it shoots. Thanks again.

Two more photos 

1474392575_ROMinside.jpg.6ff650cf8c04e160f79c97d04e681ff8.jpg

Sometimes the gears below shown can slip which prevents the chest from opening, the diagonal piece above must be engaged with the hole in bracket sticking out from the gears, apart from this I am unfortunately unable to offer any more assistance 

2123224148_HorikawaGoldenMarsKingSuperAstronautRotateOMatic.jpg.795e796ea1c8a4881fd8e631c9013337.jpghole

That is exactly what the problem is. Thanks a million for the assistance!