Can anyone ID this ?

zzrobot

Looks like the dome and base plate of this Russian toy with some modifications with parts of Masudaya/Modern Toys space vehicles (the pilot and the plastic coloured “buttons”). Suspect it was homebrew.

IMG_8621.jpeg

RoboCopy, I suspect a homebrew as well.  Zzrobot, I've never seen anything like your incomplete toy but it does share parts in common with the authentic vintage Russian Moon Walker circa early 1970s. 

The design is a copy of the Japanese "Yone Strolling Space Station". There are many interesting variations of the Russian copies with different tin litho (base plates), body colors, antennas, and walking/wheeled versions. The Russian wheeled versions are similar to the Japanese Yone minus the astronaut. The two variations pictured below are from my own collection; the Yone (red body) is shown to the lower-right.

1757385097_s-l1600(4).jpg.ecaf9c12d3cc76cf35321a644681badd.jpg 1894317244_s-l960(2).jpg.43650f29e6fbf4483071456124c96f71.jpg

11-23-23_A.jpg.7a650f048baac44e9459c7793eb8d9a9.jpg hd_item_1145987_7b8ff0263f.jpg.97b761ec5c9cca666bf62329eb9ef329.jpg

Interestingly both the Russian Moon Walker and Yone Strolling Space Station designs are based upon Russia's real life 'Lunokhod 1', the very first robotic rover to reach the moon in 1970 after a failed attempt in 1969.

Stan, the tin litho astronaut in the toy appears to be identical to the astronaut from a Yonezawa XS-126 Satellite Launching Truck right down to the oxygen tanks.  More evidence that the toy is very likely homemade. Also I've never seen an example of the Russian Moon Walker with an antenna placed outside of the clear dome.

f4.jpg.5cfa0e7b30a534566077b05ad7e4959f.jpg 

The lithographed tin base plate and grey plastic antenna are definitely Russian but the astronaut driver really does appear to be Japanese made (Yonezawa). I've seen Japanese space toys from India that have been rebuilt/repaired with misc, parts, and with craftsmanship good enough that the end result looks almost original. I'm not saying that that's what you have but it is a mystery that key parts of the toy would have an origin from two entirely different manufacturers, let alone countries. 

Stan

My 2 cents (and I could be wrong of course)

-If it was designed this way, they would have created a dome with a hole, not have to drill one

- Based on your photo, it looks like the hole is not evenly drilled 

- holes in the base for the green and red plastic domes have been punched out (with a screwdriver?) rather than drilled or cut (you can see the sharp edges sticking up)

- It’s a combination of a Russian and a Japanese toy. That doesn’t happen

- in my opinion, the design has no artistic merit (even if it was part of something larger) so I really doubt if it ever was a production piece 

IMG_8639.jpeg

IMG_8643.jpeg