LED bulbs Suck. Even GE.

Eagle

Anyone else getting  1/8th to 1/4 of the lifespan advertised for these bulbs ? They either burn out completely or dim down . 

10 Watts my but. Maybe the LED's would pull 10 watts if hooked to DC source alone.  But these things produce a lot of heat

using a bridge rectifier . 

READ

https://nymag.com/strategist/article/led-light-bulbs-investigation.html

6DipE.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 00.39.22.jpg

For now, we no longer use LED bulbs they are a waste of time and money and poor lighting, we still have quite a supply of clear and frosted incandescent bulbs in 40w to 60w and even 100w when needed that great warm light feel is still with us. We use dimmers at times, and all is well. 

Had a 16" one in my robot room that stated a lifespan of some 28 years, lasted 1.5 years, one after another the little squares shut down until the ones that remained shone greenish then the whole thing went out. Pieces of crap.

Seems NOTHING ever lasts as long as manufacturers claim, but we had even MORE trouble with the CFL ( compact fluorescent light) bulbs. They didn't last for crap. I got so many replaced for free I lost track. Also, I basically could not use them outside in my floodlights as they needed warm temps to start. LED's are better in that respect at least.

LEDs were never intended to be light bulbs.  They were made to be for small things.  LEDs that put out high lumen levels generate a lot of heat and need some sort of heat sink to keep from burning out.  I have never seen an LED light bulb with a heat sink.  In the attic we have those high lumen LED lamps with the three adjustable light panels.  The panel frames are metal to dissipate the heat, because the panel frames do get hot.

David.