Remco Big Max Conveyor Belt Replacement?

ckalkhof

Hello all!

I would like to fix my Big Max toy. Everything is good to go except the conveyor belt. I'm stumped on what to replace it with. I've seen someone mention an innertube, but I would not know what diameter would work for proper tension or how to cut it? 

Thanks in advance for any help. Also, have Happy Thanksgiving!   

Perhaps some kind of exercise/physical therapy resistance band material:

650972667_resistancebands.jpg.c1d4c46cf4a52b58f5f7e7e3af0c30fa.jpg

1744733225_resistancebands2.JPG.360665c0782ac4bdf88e6119a736d8e3.JPG

859165672_resistancebands3.JPG.5bf4546a22cdf0fdd85e65bbb88af31d.JPG

cut to the right length and width with the ends super-glued together.

I have done the innertube repair in the past. You cut it with scissors, use a largest innertube you can find that way when you cut out the long strip it will be more flat and less arched. You make a joint using a innertube patch kit that comes with the right type of glue and so on.

Now Joe has a good idea with the silicon rubber bands to figure out the right length for the band you could make a band out of paper and mark the ends then when you start looking for the silicone rubber belts you have a idea of the length or diameter. I bought some long bands to use on the wood stove years ago, just searched on line. They will be to wide but you can cut them down with scissors.