Cockpit Robot Prototype

roboz

Very cool, Oz! Alot of times they didn't change a whole lot up to make new robots, though. Looks SOO close to this prototype of  the Roboteer robot I bought in 2012. Later became the Apollo Roboteer, without the hex head robot pilot in the cockpit. IMG_20231117_182652.jpg.81ce8ed0073fe8a815f0f80210938e3e.jpg

12 hours ago, Ultrarobotman said:

Very cool, Oz! Alot of times they didn't change a whole lot up to make new robots, though. Looks SOO close to this prototype of  the Roboteer robot I bought in 2012. Later became the Apollo Roboteer, without the hex head robot pilot in the cockpit. IMG_20231117_182652.jpg.81ce8ed0073fe8a815f0f80210938e3e.jpg

That is Soooo Cool!  I was very fortunate to get a Apollo roboteer last year-but I like the prototype even more!!! Congratulations😎 to you both-I love the lighted eyes and metallic Blue paint on the Roboteers, but the Prototype is a whole new level of AWESOME!!

Thank you, Robodude! At one time I considered selling it but I'm so glad I changed my mind. The lit eyes are awesome, they light up as soon as batteries are installed, it came that way from the factory as a prototype. It actually works great, turn on the switch, he begins walking then the other lights come on as he rotates with gun sound. Congrats to you on finding an Apollo Roboteer; I think they only produced100. Such a cool robot 

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Nice robots! 
You could have mine and for a lot less. (Not quite the same)  Lol

IMG_7889.jpeg

IMG_7888.jpeg

Some nice bots there, Ranger, including the R-1. It's always sad to me they didn't go on to produce these one-offs but that's what makes them so special. This one looks alot more fun to me than a plain Star Strider! Congrats 

2 hours ago, roboz said:

I'll have to grab more pics , not sure they even added a motor in mine lol

Put some batteries in and give it a smack lol 😂 

15 minutes ago, Ultrarobotman said:

Some nice bots there, Ranger, including the R-1. It's always sad to me they didn't go on to produce these one-offs but that's what makes them so special. This one looks alot more fun to me than a plain Star Strider! Congrats 

Thanks Ultrarobotman. Must be getting on for about 6-7 or more years ago since I did those cockpit robot conversions. 

39 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Thanks Ultrarobotman. Must be getting on for about 6-7 or more years ago since I did those cockpit robot conversions. 

Ahhh, ok, sorry I thought they were factory protos. Anyway, even better yet, it looks like great work. I'm sure you posted them back then but I don't remember seeing them. Really, fantastic and congrats all the more! 

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2023 at 7:45 PM, roboz said:

Guessing late 1990’s non functional 

not sure exactly what makes it a prototype

but it is 

IMG_0883.jpeg

There is also the green eyes Cockpit robot it was the later version. Nice cool robot with nice actions walking, roto, and lights 

IMG_20231231_182402.jpg