H.I. Gosses

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All kidding aside...

As David said, I would clean & paint the

latch and the nose, shine up his top half,

and maybe scuff up his bottom half....

IMHO...leave it as is. It makes a statement. X-9 would have simply been trashed in any other hands. He was headed for the trash heap and yet he got a new lease on life. He looks very content.

Hey, That is a great robot without the arms. It looks great with the new arms also. The less you touch it the more original it stays. I have a few robots without arms, one is missing his leg. I learned to live with it. A old beat up robot that was salvaged is better to look at than at a toy magazine with pictures of mint ones at a cost of a few dollars or cents. How many times have I wished for a beat up, rusty Train robot. Or going to a yard sale and finding a Answer machine robot, wires ripped out. I would love to have them. Festival

So this is what it finally became through a more or less"democratic" process.

I cleaned his nose (!) and painted all the bare patches over. Difficult on the colour matching

as I wanted only to have paint where there was none.

The arms were sandblasted and re-done with something a bit more similar to the X-9 arms.

I mainly improved the wreck and only toned down the shine of the new parts,

For the large empty space on the belly, where car parts would be, I made a

sticker, with the same frame as above and the wheel from the top of the head...

after I had made and rejected 2 dozen other solutions.

I am reasonably pleased but I am glad it is not mine, as I would forever see possible improvements.

post-2-1112756102.jpg

Will you be offended if I say "Wow," uncle henk?

Joking aside, it looks fantastic. I think you struck the perfect balance between cleaning it up, and messing it up.

I won't tempt your wrath with the use of an emoticon...

rough up the feet a little to match the rest ............. then yourself. just kidding.

looks great . just the type of robot i would buy .

It would be something for papa-san and RJ to make—an absolutely safe design that still brings us a really new toy. I'd certainly have a couple, especially if it was at their $150 range or less, or maybe you should get busy in your shop Henk. You'd have a lot of parts to make though.

Why wait for them. Get a Chinese manufacturer online and make it yourself. Being a windup should be no problem at all for them. I think a design like this would sell extremely well!!! You could have blue, red, and green variations!

I posted this before. This company has made Chinese tin for years (i.e Space tank, Universe car, etc.)

Get them invovled, they could make this.

http://www.shanghaitoys.com/

Laserman ! You do it !

I'll provide you with any design etc you want, as long as I do not have to go

through the bussiness end of it!!

I am no good at it and I hate it.

Even customers of my regular work, quite often phone me up and say that they are

quite pleased with the work and would it not be a good idea to send a bill...

So anybody who wants to produce a robot LMK. I'll do the design and I'll do the

technical aspects, but I will not do the production!

Archived