KO Chief Robotman to HaHa Repro CRM

MetalRobotHead

Currently listed on a UK auction house site, four robots, including what is described as a large KO 1960s silver robot, although the name Chief Robotman is not quoted, the first thing I noticed was the large button in the green chest plate with horizontal grooves which is an indication of a repro, the original has vertical grooves, so I asked for a photo of the base plate which was supplied, it has the original KO Japan embossing however the baseplate is in a poor condition, compare that to the central drive unit with the two wheels which look brand new, also the centre cover between the wheels has four tabs as per a repro holding it place when the original only two tabs. The arms and head look to be in played with condition, compared to the body which is in unmarked new condition.

Conclusion: a recent HaHa Toys repro Chief Robotman complete with inner drive mechanism fitted with an original KO Yoshiya base plate fitted and possibly the arms and head swopped over, buyer beware, the auction house is aware and choosing to ignore the evidence.

I asked for a photo of the inside of the battery compartment but it was not supplied.

crm2.jpg.034ac971d99b9afbaf7155ff4155c04c.jpg

Good detective work MRH! Pity the auction house are ignoring the facts. It seems that  facts don’t mean a lot nowadays. I will look for it and take a look too.