New Japanese Plastic - Missile Robot, static (and hello's)

Martian Gil

Cheers all!

So many cool adds to your collections and great robot threads!
Ive added a few fun things here and there and will post on them now and then when I get some spare time.

I also wanted to note that I will hit the "collections" threads and drop kudos for all the great new toys you've all been able to add.

Wishing you all a happy day, Kirk

Thanks Guy & Steve!

17 hours ago, Maloo said:

It's Good to see you back, mi old mucker.

Clive!   Right back atcha, mate!  😉

One of my recent ebay snags had this little gem hidden away;

DSC03422.JPG.79ed7b57b26f878485d77161639ddd10.JPG

This dazzling bit'o Japanese plastic stands 5.5inches / 14cm tall.   
Each detail in the listing photos drew me in right away.   The top right corner reminded me of an old Aoshima robot kit illustration.   I don't think it's the same - but similar in that they both have that open 1/2 circle on their heads.

I was super happy when the package arrived.   
The toy was as bright and shiny as the day it was placed in that (questionable, but effective) packaging.

The basic translation for the top writing is simply "robot", I believe.
The short writing top left of the star pattern on the backing card reads "how to play" - the writing in the star translates to "1. insert the missile into your stomach until it clicks.  2. when you put your head down, it will pop out."   The writing on the left side of the package reads "missile in stomach pops out".

I was able to translate a little of that side portion and was pretty hopeful that it was an un-broken spring loaded toy.

For scale - and for Maloo - here it is with one of my (many) clunkers; 

DSC03425.JPG.d9c6f68284b5ceb9bf2f6e64181eea09.JPG

And here it is along with 3 of my other "carded" Japanese plastic kits.

This new toy does not have a method of locomotion, though different poses are possible - the legs seem to be locked on a pin.
The arms will move up and down as well.    
The head and little lever lock on its upper back are is the spring load mechanism.

I looked through that beloved Japanese model kit book and could not find a parallel in that tome.

I seem to remember another similar robot toy that operated in this way - spring locking head or arms, with a projectile housing in the chest or stomach... (I may even own one?   I'm feeling old, lol) 

Here are a few more pics.
Yes, the spring loaded action works as intended.   Ask my (now) one eyed cat just how nicely it works...
No, I didn't even consider using his claw hands and head to store his 3 missiles.   Nope.   I would have cracked them all.    
One will stay in his stomach (not with the spring loaded) & the others will get labeled and put away.

cheers, 
Kirk

DSC03354.JPG.212b02cdef761e27cb2db2be9bf5d0ce.JPGDSC03355.JPG.8e0edad494c7e4a57f07d42bcc428d6d.JPGDSC03357.JPG.03aa1b55456c2f8737d094c678ac2a87.JPG

Lunik, he's a bright face in the cabinet and for sure, charming!   Thank-you

Les, ha!   Far from Pepperwinkle, but I appreciate the high praise and great reference!   

Ka-boom!   Now the chase for the color variations!

Alle, that's really cool - are you leaving it carded?

ps - that's the second time in the last couple weeks, that another collector and I have found nearly identical, cool l bots within days of each other.   
Funny cycles!
Also - no doubt that colorful character was found laying about near Gernot, lol.   Aren't most robots!!  🙂

Greetings - had to chime in to add another variation and some relatives. 

Now they look as common pieces- but believe me- it took me 30+ years to go to Japan to get this group together. 

I keep the cards as the plastic cover is only stapled and can be reattached. 

IMG_5991.jpeg.e35118df0d42f9eddd6cbfecce2a6e4c.jpeg

Amazing group, Gernot!   Thanks for sharing!
The two in front - were they assembled in packaging as well?   The one on the right has flavors of the Mecha / Getter Robo.
Fantastic plastic!