Ugliest robot ever!

David Kirk

Is there any robot that's more awful than this one? I doubt it. It came out when I was six and I had the good sense to reject it even then. In all the years since, there have been many losers, but can you find anything nastier than Yakkity Yob?

s-l1600-1.jpg

Eeauugh! Are the accessories original? Are those humanoid ears? I still think the Yob is worse! If you removed the diaper, the earrings, and the bonnet from Robotina, I don't think she'd be so bad.  We need more contestants.

I agree with David the Yakkity Yob is really ugly whereas Robotina got some kind of charm. When I think about a ugly robot, I always think about the "recent" Robosapien V1 or V2. I really don't like this boring design.

71IVqCfY9qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg.e0a8fdc21be500259c3a86fa6b85b760.jpg

1185297615_2023-09-2522_07_54-RobosapienV2.jpg.47005b68f83e33aaa15b98daa505147a.jpg

Is Robotina a tribute to Rosie from the Jetsons? I looked it up and can't figure it out. Those black and white guys look like tubby dudes in long johns - ugly in a more modern way. 

I still have a bit of fondness for Big Loo, having bought him when he was new, but not enough to bring mine down from my attic where he's rested in the dark for the forty + years since I brought him from my parents' house. I still think he's designed by the same artist who did Marx Electric Robot and some other Marx toys, but I'm not crazy about that sixties cartoon update. I loved him when I was eight!