Ray Rohr Robby Original Art Work

roboz

Acquired this from a retired Japanese collector / toy exec . Art work is superb. The frame I’m sure was cutting edge in 1997 Now the raised metal edges would just cut you. A real nice high end reframe with optimum acrylic has commenced! spacer.pngIMG_8223.jpegspacer.pnghas commenced! 

IMG_8222.jpeg

IMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_8226.jpeg

IMG_8227.jpeg

IMG_8228.jpeg

IMG_8229.jpeg

IMG_8230.jpeg

IMG_8224.jpeg

That is very cool artwork. Great detail. Those red creatures are obviously the Martian toys we all know. I love Robby's vehicle in the background. Really nice. Congrats!

Ray was very happy with this art work and he had a particular fondness for the 'Martin' piece which he featured in one of his catalogs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:48 AM, Andyman said:

So I'm confused. Is the one Ozzie has the cut up original or a print? It looks like his is painted that way.

Mine is the original and was owned by the president of Osaka/Billiken & came straight from Japan 
Here is the reframe in optium $700 later 😒

they went through 12 double mats until they hand cut the current version 

I picked the background color 

IMG_8580.jpeg

IMG_8581.jpeg

I guess that the artist had only the box cutout in mind. Anything in the corners would have been superfluous. Why paint it if it's going to be ignored? I quite like that quirky shape. 

3 hours ago, Brian.. said:

I guess that the artist had only the box cutout in mind. Anything in the corners would have been superfluous. Why paint it if it's going to be ignored? I quite like that quirky shape. 

Thanks, Brian. I guess I was missing the box art aspect of this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...