Curious about this directional robot

Rhorsch

I'm being offered this robot and was just curious if this is a known variation of the later version. I had thought this spacing of the two front tabs on the skirt (where they're further out) was exclusive to the earlier green version, but this is one is a blue that's closer to the second version, has a black underside (whereas the earlier one is solid green to my understanding), lacks the two embossed, stamped details on the upper chest usually found on the later one, but also has the box of the later one. Anyone know if this is a known variation or if it's more likely that some re-painting was done at some point in time?

received_823401342691602.jpeg

received_1338883747067239.jpeg

My question is what is that "belt" looking thing at the waist of the robot in the first picture? has anyone seen that before?

Hi Dirk. This maroon colored piece at the "waist" in the first picture is what I am referring to.

directional 2.jpg

I believe Dirk is correct, Don.

The maroon color is being reflected from the surface the robot is standing on:

1026014976_directionalrobotcu.jpeg.a0e953cd14a8570125ca30b7f30e5737.jpeg

OK I can see it now. It's a concave vs convex optical illusion. It really looked like an extra piece to me. Thanks Joe. 

2-hollow-face-illusionartwork-david-mack 2.jpg

Hey Don - yes of course - I know what you mean!

I've tried to approximate it with my Directional Robot. It's the sloping surface which was probably exposed strangely...

(And Thank you Joe!)

Directional 101a.JPG

Directional 101b.JPG

15 hours ago, funkrobotik said:

Mouth looks odd on first pic or is it just the picture ?

The mouth does look a bit odd, I think I've seen the green bodied one before, finished in blue. The green one has a longer neck.