Glencoe Archer Re-Issue with Upside Down "Pat.Pend."

space.trucks

01IMG_8553.JPG.dda2e599471b86c08a1f7cceab82421b.JPG

He's been seen here before. Operating under the impression that his blue is woefully incorrect & am content knowing he's modern. Recent arrivals have prompted a renewed surge of annoyance at not understanding his markings. Would like to comprehend it better and as always apologies if this subject has been discussed previously.

02IMG_8547.JPG.a43641aa3ff2a4e1bbb5372b057a53e1.JPG

I was taken in by the font style on his rifle, which looks authentic vintage. One of the few times I bought an "Archer" specifically (still need intact vintage rifle barrel) and knew I'd blown it when seeing the small circle C in person. Only saw what I'd wanted to see while shopping. But hang on a minute.

03IMG_1449.JPG.af830919dd5396e60df3b8113584bb1c.JPG

Now have three others in the pose to compare against. Painted figure is a known Glencoe. Silver and purple have all vintage indicators and passed a Clink Test, which both the blue and painted figure failed.

IMG_8548.JPG.12d6b4f9754d5eafead926b05617a280.JPG

Source of the confusion: Blue guy's Pat.Pend is upside down relative to the two vintage figures but in the same "vintage" font. Is that something common to other re-issues in that pose? or any other pose? Don't even get me started on why he has the small C to go with it. 

IMG_8551.JPG.0678c0509362fa78aba1ba556ac991a0.JPG

Orange guy has the standard smaller Pat.Pend. font associated with the recasts and a small circle C. Blue guy has small C, larger Pat.Pend. font but upside down relative to silver figure, who has the large C and passes a Clink Test.

xIMG_1450.JPG.2a69c669ede2062e2110e8b51ba49ba7.JPG

Feet of the blue guy also have significant flashing not found on any of my Archer made, you can even see how they trimmed away some from around the right foot.

So I am good with the conclusion it's a recast, he is my favorite Clink Test control subject to compare against. Nice dull thud. Just don't get what's going on with that upside down Pat.Pend. Cheers!