Hook Robot variations

gernot

The three Hook Robot variations are already known and described in the database. Dark blue metallic with red mouth, light blue metallic with silver mouth and light blue metallic with red mouth. 

Today I could finally put that third variation on the shelve and while comparing them next to each other I have found that the light blue variations differs a bit in color shade. The difference is not that big but it is recognizable. 

As any of the variations is hard to find it may not often be the case to have them side by side for comparison in the same light.

Even the condition of the pieces I own is not perfect also I still have no original box but I am happy and proud to have reached another goal. Aren‘t they beautiful? 

Some collectors prefer the light blue, some the dark blue - I just love them all! 

This robot is simple and tiny but has a lot of charme and expression and beautiful litho panels. 

IMG_4121.jpeg.51a22bfbb6205023869fd7c9255ccec8.jpegIMG_4122.jpeg.5eab909f78e9911088213b121e6ad372.jpegIMG_4123.jpeg.1f836093fbfd25a0787e26e12d8a0e02.jpegIMG_4110.jpeg.86c75b898488afde37bb2c5586978847.jpeg

I had a bid on that one, but it soon went out of my budget range, I'm pleased you, Gernot, as a true collector got it.

Well done, thanks for sharing another complete row of variations.

I’m conditioned to assume female when lips are red like those.

Hook has always been a special piece for me - all three variations have their own unique charm -my favorite would be Blue with silver mouth....

My favorite would be wichever one I could manage to get. But a dark blue version with the silver mouth would look great. What a fantastic threesome. Congratulations Gernot.

Yes, the hook really is silly and pointless, but that's sort of fun. My guess is that they wanted an antenna, but had some spare hooks on hand from some other product and decided they were good enough. The whole design is so clearly copied from Chief Robot Man, which of course was copied in large part from Robert the robot. Lots of toys to be inspired by back then, and so often improved in the copying.

Hooked in every way! Congrats Gernot!

On 6/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, Lunik said:

I’m conditioned to assume female when lips are red like those.

I assume we may call ya "Major Hot Lips" from this day on Klaus!? 

They really do look great together. The lithos are nice, and although no original box, I think that home made box is very nice and fun. Improvise when you must! Congrats 

8 hours ago, Dirk said:

I assume we may call ya …

Dirk, do you think I might be a little obsessed? …

image.jpeg.a177c1a599e0004275f25d2d89e9ec1f.jpeg

… mhh …