Big thanks to Marco [Super Giant Robot]

Eagle

Big thanks to Marco [Vintagespacetoys] for printing these gears .This is after repair. Replaced both walking drive Gears.  Both gears are of different diameter than original . So BOTH must be changed. This is NOT a beginner repair. Simply because of the the walking crankshaft manipulation required . It has to be done right or at the very least you will be walking in circles.  . Lots of opportunity for this to head South. Marco provides excellent instructions and support accessories. Top notch.  This has been in a bag for yrs. Phil will be happy.

Absolutely agree! Marco sends the gears with great instructions and everything needed for the replacement. I've got the set from him to fix my Super space giant, but need to catch up on home projects first. If wifey sees me spending hours on a robot before chores, there's going to be hell to pay. Seriously, yes, thanks, Marco. You're right, Mark, it is a challenging repair but Marco will help out if needed. Great guy. IMG_20230602_094610.jpg.582992a4fb2b982d40df3f3088a0db28.jpg

I was a little leery of printed gears. Wasn't sure of the resolution. But trusted Marco from past purchases. It's fine. The most challenging part is bending the walking crank enough to get the gear on and then getting the same bend back into the shaft. This shaft is very stout and needs a hefty vise. The bends have to go back to the same shape and location. I traced and cut out a template before starting. If any issues develop from using Super Glue,,I'll give JB weld a shot or cut and install a key-way in the shafts. If I do another,,it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.