Alps Moon Explorer Pictures from the inside.

thx1138

Has anyone got pictures of the inside (especially the wiring) for the Alps Moon Explorer Robot? 

Or even a video?

Because I don't get it (small minded me).

Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

nobody?

Hi that's actually One of the robots that i am sure some members opened one, it's a very popular robot but maybe no one took a picture ? What i found is a disassembled robot but you can't know anything about wiring places but anyways if i found something i let you know 😀

Cheers 

I've never opened one, but if you posted pictures of what you've got, and a description of the problem you're having, I'm pretty sure some of us would have a solution. I've got a functional one, so I could at least say what it's supposed to do. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go.

In the first pic I mentioned some wires just to clear what those are

- 2 green (going to head - antenna) and 2 blue wires (going to head for the lamp in his head)

When I external input wire (with batteries) on knob 1 and output on knob 2. The Robot walks and the front light burns.

But were to attach all these other wires????

350966760_953916659271665_3154803624558867493_n.jpg

351255402_725920532619674_7010147229392668788_n.jpg

So watching a video of the operation,,all three lights in the head flash at the same interval and frequency. It's one circuit for all three. So one wire should go to terminal 2 and the other to an intermittent ground. Or a momentary switch to ground.  I don't see one in the photo. It has to be there. Maybe terminal 1 goes to the momentary switch. Hook it up that way with a couple of jumper wires and run the robot .try it. Good time to mention,,anyone doing a lot of this type of work. Buy a bench top power supply. Stop fumbling with batteries,,plus it has current protection and polarity protection .

powersupply.jpg

This is the only pic I have from the inside of a Moonexplorer.

Hopefully it is of any use. I guess the yellow wire should be simply solded to the bare metal base in the middle. (If I remember correctly...)

Good Luck Nico! 

Moonexplorer inside.JPG

The light flasher cam and wiper can be seen in the lieft side of thx1138's pictures just below the red wire. The metal cam would provide ground to the wiper so just follow the wire to the wiper.