Unknown flying saucer

Powerhead

Hi to all!

I recently acquired this plastic friction flying saucer with metal base. Behind the driver has the inscription "Made in Japan". I have also seen it in green.

Does anybody have some info on maker, date etc?

Thanks!

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

At the risk of sounding dismissive, and this is purely my personal perspective, I think this falls in a category of kids toys.

Too modern and very little design merits to appeal to “adult” collectors.

Just my 2 cents.

I will skip the comment about this being a "kids toy" as opposed to the rest in this site 😄  but the metal base,  the pilot graphics and the "made in Japan" sign inside the cockpit must put it at least in the 70s era. I am surprised that no-one here has any knowledge on the origins of the toy. Truth is that for the last 15 years I am into the hobby, had never seen one either.

IMG_1187.JPG

Had the green one for many years.  Never found any info on it  ( although did not search that hard ).   A nice spaceship and fits in well with all my other small spaceships on display.

I have never seen one either, but after looking at it a few times, it has a certain appeal to it and I wouldn't mind having one myself. After all, almost everything pictured on this site is or certainly was "kids toys", and I'm just an overgrown, over-aged kid myself. Nice addition to your collection! Congrats!

Guys, sorry I called your baby ugly!

I know everyone has their own preferences, I hardly have any plastic in my collection and for instance while the 3D printed stuff looks cool on Jeremy and Kirk’s shelves (where are those guys?) it just doesn’t do it for me. And of course the “kids toys” comment was very much tongue in cheek but somehow that got lost in the message.

Still friends?

It often needs a bit of 'controversy' to get a topic moving.   

Luckily no one seems to take offence on this brilliant site, it's always friendly and one persons dislike is another persons treasure.

Personally I hate all those tin robots and toys.  They just get rusty and all the colours fade.   You cant beat a good Hong Kong plastic robot.  Just dunk it in

a nice bowl of warm water and they come out clean and bright.