• DEEP SPACE-11

• steve

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Word from Gernot is looking like June 9-12th 

So updating this thread , gives people a bit more time

if anyone decides to join us 

Now from my side the date is fixed now, June 9-11, 2023 will be the date for me to travel to Jacksonville, Florida and visit Oz and his spectacular museum. 

I had no other option due to my private and business schedule and Oz schedule as well. 

It would be nice if anybody interested from the Alphadrome community could make it happen and join! 

My wife and I are planning a 2 week road trip, spending a few days in every state from Michigan to Florida. It would certainly be great to get the old gang back together. I wonder how many from 2004 are still interested. Enquiring Minds Want to Know ???

Rosie.jpg

For those considering coming down there are a couple of local lodging options

that are 5-10 minutes from the museum

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/jaxpvgi-hilton-garden-inn-jacksonville-ponte-vedra-sawgrass/

The hilton would be my recommendation

A bit more pricey but with shuttles to the beach is the marriott

but the hilton is right in the plaza with shops & resturants & publix & a CVS

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/jaxsw-sawgrass-marriott-golf-resort-and-spa/overview/

If you want luxury on the ocean

the PV Inn or it's sister The Lodge 

The Inn is tops & you can walk to my house lol

https://www.pontevedra.com/

Of course if you want to stay around the Historic area of St Augustine 

There are many options & you'd be 30-40 minutes depending where you chose to stay 

Generally very crowded & touristy there but fun 

• 2 weeks later...

I made the pre-run last week. If you are considering it ,,,GO FOR IT ! It's in a wonderful area. You couldn't ask for better host than Oz and Kristy . The collection and the structure are unique and top notch. Lots of room for Bot Talk . The only caveat by me. BE CAREFUL . While well laid out ,,some of the large rides and figures are in the open,,,watch your step ! Don't kick Robby or Gort in the shin . No horse play ! 😉 If you like to surf fish ,, bring your gear.. I'd go back this yr but I'd end up killing one of the idiots on 95 or 81.  While you are there,, try to catch a Falcon 9 or Starship launch at night !! It will freeze you in you tracks and fortify the notion that there still are great aspects of humanity.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:44 PM, Eagle said:

I made the pre-run last week. If you are considering it ,,,GO FOR IT ! It's in a wonderful area. You couldn't ask for better host than Oz and Kristy . The collection and the structure are unique and top notch. Lots of room for Bot Talk . The only caveat by me. BE CAREFUL . While well laid out ,,some of the large rides and figures are in the open,,,watch your step ! Don't kick Robby or Gort in the shin . No horse play ! 😉 If you like to surf fish ,, bring your gear.. I'd go back this yr but I'd end up killing one of the idiots on 95 or 81.  While you are there,, try to catch a Falcon 9 or Starship launch at night !! It will freeze you in you tracks and fortify the notion that there still are great aspects of humanity.

Was a pleasure hosting you both! Let's get some more dromers down for Botstock ! Lot's of cool swag here lol