Ebay multiple Japanese listings

Eagle

Go to Ebay and type in Yonezawa Tank  under toys . Six of the Same tanks show up as anti-aircraft M4 tanks. All horribly restoration executed. But how are six of the exact same items listed by different sellers ? What am I obviously missing ?  All low feedback buyers ? I contacted Ebay a moth ago. No reply, no action taken. So I'm missing something. I see this a lot.  Thanks.

Yone16.jpg

I've been seeing the same thing with robots. Same robot, same photo but different sellers and different prices. All in Japan.

As I understand it, these are resellers. The item is for sale in Japan (either online or in a store (Mandarake etc) and they hope to make a profit by selling overseas at a markup and then purchase the item from the local Japanese seller. When you look at their reviews there’s often mention of sales falling through (because they weren’t able to purchase the item they sold)

Gernot I’m sure would know 

That’s right Robocopy. I was after a robot that had numerous duplicate listings. I went to the oldest and lowest price listing, assuming it was closest to primary source. I contacted the seller and asked. He confirmed it was an item in his shop, but there were a few people that often relisted his items to try and sell at a markup. 

If true,,you would think Ebay would prohibit such behavior . I would presume you could ask for an unpublished photo of the item from all sellers.  Not that the imposter couldn't do the same and forward the photo to you. 

Renningers Antique Market in Adamstown installed signs..Taking photo's forbidden. I ask why.  They replied that people take a photo and then list it. If sold they come back to get it.  I see no problem with that . The original seller gets their asking price and the Lister carries no overhead. Been happening in [ You Pull It ] salvage yards for yrs. I saw an instrument panel from a Jag XJ12 hidden in the trunk of a 55 Hudson Super Jet.  I bought it on a hunch and searched the listings for one for sale on Ebay. There it was ,so I bought it with buy it now. A few days later the seller sent me a notice that the item was no longer available because that he broke it while packing..Imagine the look when he opened the trunk of the Hudson and the pnl was gone. So I played it out a little more. Told him it was OK I'd take the broken part. He responded that he threw it out and refunded my cash.. 😂 Head games.

That's a great story, at least you had some fun, but I would've went one step further and sent the seller a pic of it in the trunk just to piss him off