World Premier of the Most Amazing Space Toy !

roboz

37 minutes ago, David Kirk said:

Congratulations. Fun to have something so rare! I would have thought  if they went to the trouble of making the fully printed toy and the box, production would have been moving along and there would at least be a few hundred hiding out there. On the other hand, it's likely a standard bus with a new printing, so perhaps that's an easier thing to knock out just a few samples of. I'll bet the toy got cancelled when the show did. I was surprised that the show was only made for half a year. I remember watching it every week, but even though I was crazy for robots I wasn't a terribly big fan. As a robot, Rosie never did it for me. Space travel and robots were serious business and I think the goofy cartoon didn't quite mesh with my seven year old aesthetic. It's funny looking back and thinking I had an aesthetic at that point, but I at least had very strong opinions and passed on toys that now, I wish I'd bought!

Have to agree on Rosie. Her design was rather bland to me. I watched endless reruns of the show in the 70's At least they survived. Many of the early Japanese Anime shows have been lost forever. The syndicated reruns did far better than the initial run. Back to Rosie I never persured the Few Rosie tins Although I'd consider it now as as sidekick to the bus. The Set back placing of the driver is rather unique for these tin bus toys. Would have been even better as a battery op with lights & sound !

Jeez! Only 24 episodes of the Jetsons. Even Top Cat had 30, and that doesn't seem to have much resonance in today's culture. Johnny Quest had only 26. Do I only imagine that any of these shows had lasting effect? Is it just because they were part of my childhood? Jane and Judy are cuties!

11 minutes ago, David Kirk said:

Jeez! Only 24 episodes of the Jetsons. Even Top Cat had 30, and that doesn't seem to have much resonance in today's culture. Johnny Quest had only 26. Do I only imagine that any of these shows had lasting effect? Is it just because they were part of my childhood? Jane and Judy are cuties!

Well considering we watched only one episode each Saturday morning, 24 was an eternity. By the time it cycled around to the first episode it seemed fresh again.

Congrats OZ - What a fantastic toy!

Just for the report  - it's listed in the Gallagher Book on page no. 140.

(BTW: The price estimates in books were always already wrong at the moment the book had been printed...)

Jetsons Bus 101.JPG

All the bumpers for the Boomarang channel were from my friend, Justin Strauss’s amazing collection. He sold it to HB rite when the studio was sold to Warner. The collection is supposedly in storage at the Warner studio. That bus is the holy grail…..