Electric remote control robot yellow version

thx1138

Greetz,

I got 2 Electric remote control robots. But after receiving both I noticed that one of them has a yellow, instead of the normal red, lettering on the robot.

Also the rest in his chest is yellow.

My first thought was it is from sitting to long in the sun, but after inspection I saw other differences with the red version.

If you look into his chest you see some of the differences.

So my question, is this another version or....Does anyone have a yellow version?

Thnx 

334182075_587893500031465_1069828082102178330_n.jpg

I'm not spotting the differences. What are you seeing?  It looks to me as if they either didn't print the red, or the red faded entirely away, leaving only the yellow. You'l have to assume that the yellow was also printed under the red. In any case, it still looks good in yellow. Screw some dog eyes into those empty sockets!

I go with David and Donald. I really see no differences. 

The only difference is that the red is completely missing   - the yellow color is still present.

The yellow color layer was probably printed first, followed by the red. Your copy is now completely missing the red, probably totally faded.

Of course, it's also possible that it was completely forgotten during printing - but I think that's rather unlikely. In any case, the yellow layer

of paint is present on every R-35 robot and is later partially covered by the red.

R35d.jpg

R35f.jpg

If the red was printed and faded away, it may be possible to see the thickness of the ink, even if it has no color,  in strong raking light. If it does show at all, 

I think the only spot you'd detect it is on the batteries on the lower right.

I noticed that the red in the dials hasn’t turned from red to yellow, it’s completely missing on all 3 dials on the yellow one. D642CD79-F157-4F3A-8D1D-35C19C0C0BB2.jpeg.d1b6c09ce08ef64b84585c102b78c9ad.jpeg4724CD3E-94D6-4C9D-821D-2321608195DE.jpeg.6e6d25e56bb767238f777f3c8114d28b.jpeg

Yep Ranger, in this region yellow was not used at all.

And we assume that the red paint layer has not turned into yellow, but that the red pigments in the red paint layer have completely disappeared. That's why you can see now in which regions the yellow paint layer was underlaid ...

This one appeared on eBay today. It looks like it might be in-between faded? I checked mine upstairs and it's nice and red. I haven't looked in my parts bins yet. I'm pretty sure there are at least two more.

R-35.jpg

Thnx guys (and girls) for all the reactions.

As the front panel and especially the yellow colour has no fading, I'm pretty sure the red hasn't faded but was forgotten. (not printed).

PS: if anyone has a spare battery box, please let me know (the yellow fellow hasn't got one 🙂 )!!! Thnx