New to forum from uk

Mr tin hat

Hi all greetings from the uk. I jave a small collection of robots. Many that I have repaired myself. I will post pics later. Glad to be part of the community.

I was wondering if any one can send me a photo of mr zerox sound box steel mechanism that gives the rat tat tat sound. Mine is missing . I have an idea what it looks like but would be nice to see it. Thanks again

Michael or mr tin hat . X

20230224_131416.jpg

20230224_131408.jpg

20230224_131424.jpg

20230220_135914.jpg

Hi Michael, good to see a fellow Brit here on the Alphadrome. Regarding your request, here is a photo I took of my Silver Ray Secret Weapon Space Scout which has exactly the same mechanism to produce the rat a tat noise, looks like all you need is a springy metal strip which will engage with that cog wheel at the top of the inside gears, slight problem, it is held in place by that rivet which if replaced by for instance with a pop rivet would no longer look original. Perhaps a rivet that looks more like the original is available with a bit of searching.

1380225202_SilverRaySecretAgentSpaceScout.jpg.97b30661d7415c2acf054e82acd039f4.jpg

Many thanks for the info. That is excellent. I can re use the original rivet. Re dril the new spring steel i sourced from an alarm clock then peen or spread the rivet wider. Bingo jobs done. I will post some of my successful repairs later. And thanks again that has saved lots and lots of time.

Is it possible to measure the total lenth of the spring? If possible and the length of the piece that engages with the cog. That would make it even simpler! Thanks again

1 hour ago, Mr tin hat said:

Is it possible to measure the total length of the spring?

Sorry, not possible, the robot has been reassembled after some resoldering of wires.

nothing helpful to add for this particular robot, but welcome!   Happy to know there are others out there  🙂
Cheers!

On 3/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, MetalRobotHead said:

Sorry, not possible, the robot has been reassembled after some resoldering of wires.

No Worries it should be fairly easy ta