Modding a conehead robot ko

Chris74

It's a fun robot nd a fave of several collectors.  

I have a clunker og piece and a repro.

Surprisingly, the repro is slightly longer among a couple other slight diffs.

I can post some comparative pics for you in an hour pr two.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Chris74 said:

Hi everyone, does anybody know if someone made mods of this 

I would also feel that John / Robothut did several mods of these - there is also a remote repro piece (Galaxy Robot) I think.  Both are fun for toying with... pun intended.

Find the Robothut online and search his modifications/project lists - i would bet a donut that he's been there and done that 🙂

Good luck and have fun!

I'll post some pics later for you.

Here are the "repro" or knock-off versions.  The quality is so-so.
Brand new out of the box, the Galaxy (left side) had an issue with a bent leg linkage.   I have plans for that... if I ever get to him.

For the fellow or the right - the colors just missed the mark.    Still a cool robot.

The og Conehead rocks, of course - mine has issues, but I do not think I'll be adding ears or a topper.   If I do, nothing permanente anyway 🙂

I don't know if this answers your questions, but the comparisons might be helpful.   
Getting those rounded eyes would be the key - in my opinion, the eyes are what snagged me.

Good luck and let me know if you'd like other shots!

I know Mike & Oz (among others) have excellent Conehead examples if "better conditioned photos are of help.

Cheers!    

DSC01632.JPG

It grew on me - was not one that i'd ever thought to add, but there have been some great pieces shown around lately.
Also, I love the thought of the possible connection between Tetsuijn 26 / Jet Boy perhaps influencing this fellow with that conical head.
Gigantor / Tetsujin 28 is a fave...

Here is a cool thread about the possible connection and a pic with one of Brian's gems.
I'm only missing that fantastic box that Ozzy has... ears, top of his head...  lol
Cheers, 

DSC01640.JPG