SPACE SHIP X-3 SPARKLING FRICTION ROCKET - MASUDAYA - JAPAN

tinluver2

Congrats Les! Fantastic rockets! 

2 hours ago, Fineas J. Whoopie said:

I should have said the rocket is faded *almost* equally all around.

Nevertheless - Great to have this rare rocket Don! 

On 2/8/2023 at 8:40 PM, Phil R said:

Nice  rockets!  Don, I notice you're missing both the red and blue. It's highly unlikely  sun would  completely fade both colors completely.  More likely it's a misprint with both color missed.

How it got through completely to production is a mystery.

I do not believe Don's rocket was ever "Blue" but was the Green-Red-Yellow version that has faded over time. It is cool either way.

IMG_4679.jpg

Les - what book is that? I'm surprised to see these other similar looking rockets in big collections and documented in a book. I'm not sure what to think now. It almost looks like an intentional color variation, but mine does in fact have fading. Hm. Perhaps there was a bad batch of litho pigment that was quicker to fade than other batches? I think the process included multiple batches of pigment mixed throughout a run.

Seeing these others is a trip though. Thanks for posting Les and Marcy.

8 hours ago, Fineas J. Whoopie said:

Les - what book is that? I'm surprised to see these other similar looking rockets in big collections and documented in a book. I'm not sure what to think now. It almost looks like an intentional color variation, but mine does in fact have fading. Hm. Perhaps there was a bad batch of litho pigment that was quicker to fade than other batches? I think the process included multiple batches of pigment mixed throughout a run.

Seeing these others is a trip though. Thanks for posting Les and Marcy.

One more pic of past  green example (pics not from books) As can see top center fin starting to fade as yours. Definitely a problem with the recipe; hence good examples are so sought after😉

IMG_1703.JPG