Gypsy Fortune Teller

Googie

Hi Guys:

Been a while.  I figured I would pose this question in a general chat.  

My son and I were lucky enough to get a GYPSY FORTUNE TELLER battery  op by Ichida...great addition to our battery op collection (which does include robots!).

Like many ebay purchases what the seller deems as "working" and what in reality is only sort of working occurred.

I fixed a mechanical issue, but I seem to have an electrical issue.  When batteries are placed in, she immediately runs, continously.

For those unfamiliar with the Gypsy a coin inserted in a slot activates her for ONE cycle.

I am figuring there is a short somewhere.  I rewired the switch seems correct, no luck though.

If anybody has an idea or schematics I would appreciate the input. 

Best

Chris

PS

Planning a trip to Ozzie's museum in June for a graduation present for my son!  Super excited....we both are!

Update:

Hi Guys:

Well I got the Gypsy fully functional.

Two wires had been switched.   The strange thing is that it doesn't really appear that this toy had been opened.

The solder appeared old, no tampering of a previous repair was evident. Wire connections were joined by that sticky, black-cloth tape used often in the toys to join two wires. The modern electrical shrink tubing is much more tidy......is it modern?

Odd....very odd!   I wonder if they ever made mistakes at the factory since it was an assembly line set up with manned stations.

Another  VBOT (vintage battery operated toy, our household term for these marvelous wonders) mystery.......luckily solved!

Glad to hear she is working again. I have no experience with Fortune Tellers and Robothut is the only one I seen display one...of a sorts.