Space Ranger Cap Gun Box PROOF

Joe K.

From recently ended listing #185717354964 - Space Ranger Cap Gun Box, 1st Print Proof by Lone Star 1960s (VERY VERY RARE)

1004653727_spacerangercapgunboxproof.jpg.873ae3cf6035d9ab2a3337c387570241.jpg

Here we have an uber rare example of a first print proof of the Space Ranger box by Lone Star toys.

I obtained this first print proof from the grand daughter of the artist, David Williams.

David Williams was commissioned by Lone Star toys to do a lot of the artistic work for the cover of their boxes.

He did the art work for the Captain Scarlet Cap gun box, the Stingray Cap gun Box, Space Ranger Box , Stingray Rubber band model box and a few others.

He also used to be an artist for Punch magazine back in the 30s.

David did the art for this box and sent it to Lonestar for appoval, once it was approved they sent the first print off back to David as a keep safe, as it was him that created it.

Found around 6 months ago in a folder by his grand daughter, its now come up for sale !!

You will never see another original first print of this box again, as this is the only one known to exist !!!

Its a very iconic box at a time when Gerry Anderson and all the other leading toys were coming to market that depicted all the famous loving characters we know today.

Here is your chance to own a piece of toy history, and be the only person out there to have a first print proof.

I have priced the piece accordingly to what I feel its worth and the rarity it commands.

Any questions I will do my best to answer them for you.

Item will be sent flat and well protected in transit, and will be sent recorded delivery only.

Thanks Clive

Sold by **retrotoyrevivals** on December 29, 2022 for:

GBP 1,500.00

ApproximatelyUS $1,808.03

Shipping:

GBP 49.00 (approx US $59.06) Royal Mail International Tracked 

• 2 weeks later...