• Brian.. pinned this topic

Thanks for the replies 

Brian I agree , that's more on youtube though for doing that crap

but yeah isn't the greatest after I think it shows your personal interests

so everyone will get a different feed

Something to address for sure

Well it's still work in progress but parts are functional 

so figure I'd throw it up 

I know Marcy had T Shirt inquiries in instagram so now they can stop buggin her & 

order direct 

Merry Christmas ! 

How is attendance so far - are you getting visitors? How are you getting the word out? Are there a lot of Florida robot enthusiasts? Have you got your shop out in front so people can buy stuff without spending the admission price? How big will your shopping section be? Is that enough questions?

20 hours ago, David Kirk said:

How is attendance so far - are you getting visitors? How are you getting the word out? Are there a lot of Florida robot enthusiasts? Have you got your shop out in front so people can buy stuff without spending the admission price? How big will your shopping section be? Is that enough questions?

So our preview event had about 50 people attend. Since then it's been low key , maybe another dozen or so. We have some media contacts looking to do some coverge but we dialed everything back for the holidays. My newly married son & wife are coming to visit from NC & we didn't want to be compromised, so Zero advertising & we haven't kept our posted hours since I'm pretty exhausted with months of 7 day a week marathons to get everything set up. Now if you watched any of the build videos, you'd know that There are 2 entrances. One just for the gift shop. You can walk the entire space in a U pattern & end up there or just go in to the shop alone. There were multiple aspects to this , Archetictecual design , permits ,  construction , security , mill work , phone system , Merchant terminals , branding , retail inventory , branding ,  web site , Internet  & on & on then you get into the weeds , what type of finishes for the mill work , flooring , ceiling , countertops, type of cable , co-axe or fiber , 4K cameras or 1080P , Type of terminals , who hangs the art work , lighting , fixtures , framing I could go on for a while , no wonder it took 2 years start to finish The retail area is just one large room BTW lol. After the holidays we will reach out to the chamber of commerce, look at affiliations with other local museums in St Augustine which is only 30 minutes away like The Lightner Museum. We're still working through the processes too. I conducted 3 one hour tours the other day & it was rather draining. I'll eventually need to hire & train someone younger with way more energy to do this. I don't see myself doing 20-22 tours a week One last thing there is more than just Robots. Kiddie rides, Early anime & character toys, original art, fortune tellers, Rare movie posters, pinball etc 

15 hours ago, Andyman said:

Oz, David has his hand raised.

Lol  XD

Sounds like a good start! I hope I can see it someday. I'd still love to see still pictures of the robot cabinets. Have you posted anything like that already that I missed?

36 minutes ago, Fineas J. Whoopie said:

It looks really good Oz. The atomic motel sign is outstanding!!

Thanks Don 

Funny I had bought that long before construction

If the wall was a foot in It wouldn't have worked 

so that was pure serendipity fitting in the space the way it did 

On 12/25/2022 at 1:00 PM, Robotnut said:

Wow Ozzie !

I'm seeing a future Botstock...

bs4-1.jpg

bs4-2.jpg

bs4-3.jpg

That's the plan , hopefully this spring ! Great pics BTW