What was your best childhood Christmas ?

robothut

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Kirk

• Robotnut

• Morbius

• robothut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel this is blasphemous but my favorite xmas gift memory 

was getting the dark shadows barnabas colling game with glow in the dark fangs 

my parents didn't want to buy it but my uncle stepped up & bought it for me lol

Used to dig that show as a little tot but honestly couldn't remember one memorable thing or line

as opposed to say classics like Lost in Space, Star Trek heck even Gilligans Island, the Brady Bunch or Spongebob

Perhaps it was like a Twilight Precurser or something. 

John, I agree about the batteries. It was sad when they leaked, especially if they were in a robot at the time, but I still had trouble tossing the dead ones - they looked so good lined up. Too bad my brands were so limited there - should have had some Mallories too. I also feel a bit bad I never included my space whale or elephant in these pictures. For some reason, I considered them baby toys.

I found a better 1962 whilst searching for the year my brother gave me a fake robot present I'll post shortly. I also found that 1967 looked pretty great with a High Bounce Moon Scout, a Blink-a-Gear, and a Marx Moon Creature. 

1962 xmas6.jpg

I remember that was actually Tonka's selling point. Rough little boys could beat their trucks down the sidewalk with a baseball bat and still have something to roll through the muck. Robots were anything but sturdy. Battery toys in general were pretty prone to early death and the thin steel put together with delicate tabs made them that much more perishable. I was not a rough little boy and loved my collection from the very first, so all of mine survived with minor dings at the very most.

3 color adjusted David with Mr copy. Mercury xmas 1961.jpg

I enjoy looking t these photos. My Christmas memories were 1969 or so. I had a Zeroid, since I had 2 brothers, each of them  had another version

of the Zeroids. It was kind of cool the way it worked out. I can't remember what happened to the toys but I since purchased Zeroids again off eBay.

It's a warm feeling.🤖

My fondest affection is for the older stuff, but I still have all my Zeroids out too. They were a the tail end of my collecting but I bought every one I could find at the time.  I think they're little masterpieces of design - sophisticated and elegant and unique in the robot world.

3 hours ago, Golddalek said:

I enjoy looking t these photos. My Christmas memories were 1969 or so. I had a Zeroid, since I had 2 brothers, each of them  had another version

of the Zeroids. It was kind of cool the way it worked out. I can't remember what happened to the toys but I since purchased Zeroids again off eBay.

It's a warm feeling.🤖

Yep, that was my situation, too.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, David Kirk said:

John, I agree about the batteries. It was sad when they leaked, especially if they were in a robot at the time, but I still had trouble tossing the dead ones - they looked so good lined up. Too bad my brands were so limited there - should have had some Mallories too. I also feel a bit bad I never included my space whale or elephant in these pictures. For some reason, I considered them baby toys.

Funny thing that. When I was a bench tech at Comcast one of my jobs was replacing 9 volt batteries in remotes. I started saving the different brands that people would put in as replacements. I had quite a collection on the wall behind my bench. Even had medical and army surplus batteries. I should have kept them.