Weird Lone Star Ray Gun?

tikidoc

Hi all,

I found this currently on the bay. It is made by Lone Star In England. I could not find it in the database, does anyone have an idea on what this might be?

I would appreciate any info.

Cheers

lonestar1.jpg

It's the Flash Gordon gun. It's in the database but it's well concealed in its display box. It's based on the Captain Scarlet diecast gun - you can see it buried in there surrounded by too much plastic shrouding.   It's an example of a gun that's clumsily designed for cheap merchandising, IMHO, but sellers ask a lot of money for a good example. Definitely one for Freddy Mercury. 

flash_gordon_lone_star_28229.jpg

Thank you Brian! It really does have too much plastic. The extra parts above the grip looks like an after thought. It was indeed well hidden, the example I found on the bay is missing some blue plastic and the Flash Gordon sticker and while interesting it too contrived for my collection I just was curious about the origin. It really does have a late 70s early 80s styling to it. I bet Freddy did have one.