COMPLETED ROCKET

Phil R

I've had this 12" wooden hand crafted wooden rocket for some years.  I finally got around to what I consider a more finished look.  it was all silver. I changed the silver. I added blue to the fins and also added a cockpit. then I added the launchpad and painted it. The rocket was 12" and now a total of 19"  . The rocket can be separated from the pad.

IMG_3753-001.jpg

Looks like some  1950's Science Fiction movie I watched....Maybe 'When Worlds collide.....🤨?

Has that X-15 vibe to it as well......Is this a vintage rocket ? or something you found?

Nice job.

The rocket was made by a member of Alphadrome, Jim Knower from Kentucky. He had some health issues and I lost contact from him.  I jus enhanced it as I have with a number of projects with Jim.  You get the point of the build as I wanted it to have more action with the rockets from the 50s but still a simple.  Here a a couple of builds that he would build components and I would complete the diorama with painting  backgrounds and accessories. 

DSCF0001-1.JPG

DSCF0001-7.JPG

DSCF0001-8.JPG

DSCF0003-2.JPG

post-221-0-30551900-1303842274.jpg

Beautiful Tri-Rocket...Sweet diorama.....Looks like 'First Spaceship on Venus'.

A pretty cool movie for it's time.

Rifle reminds me of the 1960's Wham-O added the Air Blaster Gun.

That's my slightly different version of the Cosmostrator.  The flash Gordon guns are weird but that's the way they were made.  Here's a better view of the War of the Worlds diorama.

DSCF0002-7.JPG