Rock-em Sock-em robots. add your versions.

robothut

You can find the 1963 Rock Em Sock Em Robots Patent Drawings - ROBOT PATENTS . I cannot post a link so just go to the patent sections you will find them.

Great video as usual.   Never knew so many versions existed. 

The trouble with these videos is that they make me want to start collecting a few myself.

This series might have been shared before, my apologies if repeated...

Not exactly punchers, but fun to watch.
This Saaga is a little powerhouse.   

I'm fascinated by the angles the operators use.   
I wonder about the lag of input to actual motion - there are times in these vids where they seem off by slight margins.    
Amazing stuff.   Snaps of contact, lock, and leverage.

There is one in the series where a robot named "King Kaiser" (resembles the Chogokin Red Baron a bit) opts to use a hopping / acuated kick and drop combination.   That seemed the most effective against Saaga... but not enough.

In the vid below,  you can see a great example of Saaga's strengths at the 3:00 ish mark.   
The Kaiser gets an effective blast in around 3:40 ish.   

Quite a bit of manuvering for near misses and tipping over - but fantastic when you consider the efforts in design.

Enjoy the rabbit hole!  

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Here's a Rock'em Sock'em related item I never knew existed. Spotted in a 1975 Marx Toys catalog for the European market, where the Rock'em Sock'em Robots

were called Raving Bonkers.

16050126_1975marxcatcov.jpg.26dec124761243cbe40e5377c1848aa5.jpg843328122_1975marxcatint.jpg.e211262eca9b114dfc18d37413f1bc25.jpg802743905_1975marxcatintcustand.jpg.e9c51fb85035eb4b3c88f365f8eddc5c.jpg

A Raving Bonkers Stand. Anyone ever see one before? Have one?