Fixing a pinball machine in the cool Robothut.

robothut

I enjoyed that John. Have never seen inside one of those. It is soothing to see that I'm not the only one that has [You have got to be kidding] moments with solder . Question. What do you attest to the ability of the Hut to maintain over a 30 deg differential below outside air temp other than the insulation ? I mean for weeks ! My best Bubba thermos mug couldn't do that . I know you have pretty frigid winters..Do you think the footprint of the Hut keeps ground temps low under the foundation ? Also,,do they have basements out there ? I have a poured basement and yr around the Temp stays between 55-65 no matter what. Thanks Again. 

Wouldn't a solder sucker have gotten that blob away from the pins? Or was there no way to heat the solder under the chip?

No way to heat the solder, I tried that. I have never seen a blob of falling solder stick to well to the PCB and [ins of IC's before. I had to remove the PCB from the machine and take it to the shop too use my surface mount hot air gun to heat all the pins at the same time so I could lift the IC's up enough to get under them. Took a hour. But the Machine is happy now and the mechanical fix on the Ball staying in place worked great "so far" also. Now to build up the high scores in the machine again.