Interesting Smoke Unit

Brian..

Here's an interesting version of the smoke unit that I used in the King Smoke robot. It's not a traditional smoke mechanism, it's a mist producer that produces a quite convincing smoke effect. It could, I guess, also add aroma to the house.  The units are difficult to install in robots because of the need to position a wick in contact with that circular component and it's not easy to get a steady supply of water to the wick. Water and robots don't mix too well.  Routing a 5v power supply to the unit also creates problems for an electrical duffer like me. 

This unit, however, has an added battery pack with a micro USB charging socket. That solves the power problem. I'm not sure, however, if it's legal to post these things. Mine arrived fully charged and a press on the packing envelope was all that was needed to switch the unit on.  One unit heated up rapidly  when the battery was moved slightly, so use caution. I think they're full of Chinesium. 

s-l1600 (5).jpg

I will vouch for thove vapor units - King Smoke puts on a show when needed!
What I found worked nicely was to shorten a cotton swab / q-tip to get the water where it was needed to prevent flooding the the electronics as you aluuded to.
F***ing gravity and stuff.

Be careful of that Chinesium though!   Brian is the above a Huwei product? 😉 
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with that!