Today

Eagle

I'm not big on Hallmark holidays . However I saw during my morning brief that it's Fathers-Day. I was thrown back to memories of Dad. It's been 20 yrs since we watched you slip away..But you did it with dignity. Not a week goes by that I make the mistake of wanting to call you about some event. I can say this with certainty , I never had words with my Dad. Never an argument. Maybe because I knew deep down that it was fruitless. My Dad was logical and pragmatic . However he had a unique ability to combine those traits with compassion, kindness and humor. And it happened naturally ,,it wasn't a quest. Thanks Dad.

Dadandme1.jpg

Happy Fathers Day. He sounds like one cool dude.  😎👌  

My Grand Father was my Pop. He was pragmatic, too. I didn't understand his views on the world then as an idealistic teenager who's read too many comic books and Sci Fi.

but I believe I am on par with his thinking now as an older man with experience from hard realities..

I never married, and never had kids......so I'm no Father.

Perhaps we all here at Alphadrome are kind of Fathers in another sense, with our mechanical robotic companions to fill the empty nest..🤖