Strenco Invasion

Brian..

I hope I can add one to my collection one day!  Brian, I could not find the EBAY BIN  german listing. 

Thank you Brian. I wonder if the seller is the first owner. May be one  Strenco will come in my value range.

• 1 month later...

This must be one of the best that has appeared recently, the description says "lacquered in silver" perhaps just the wording as I have always thought it was a simple spray paint job which accounted for the often poor condition. 

510556091_StrencoST-1.jpg.58b62a0516d30fcdf9edb993470f4fc1.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 6/6/2022 at 7:55 PM, 6Stelab9 said:

I hope I can add one to my collection one day!

This day has come! Of course in unperfect condition (obviously it has been  partly repainted and I don't think the antenna is geniune) but it was in my price and my condition ranges for my unperfect collection. I'm happy to have one I can admire on my shelf.

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

I'm not a fan of repainting but in this case there wouldn't be much harm done if you stripped the top section and did a respray. There's something about the paint they used that often makes original Strencos look as though they have been repainted. 

Thank you Ultrarobot man

4 hours ago, Brian.. said:

There's something about the paint they used that often makes original Strencos look as though they have been repainted. 

Brian It's interesting. Have you got more informations about that? Could the paint on mine result from a bad quality paint or poor paint application when it was  first done?  I would think the paint was done once to hide surface rust but I'd like to have more opinions about it. some close up views:

60791895_2023-09-2521_45_47-.jpg.953f342520afa4a8c4d823f722cfc730.jpgIMG_0928.JPG.611cdd93c7f7f49ad37d9adb3eff3a28.JPG

536208199_2023-09-2521_46_53-.jpg.fdcd39c9aebae8d9aec4af505d297c5c.jpg

Hard to tell if it's crudely brush painted (most likely) or if the paint has deteriorated.

I just know that I've see many Strenco robots that looked like repaints but which, in all probability, were original. 

Thank you Brian. I think we can see paintbrush traces in front and some paint on the top of the  chromed part. I wonder how it was factory painted.